Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my TRX in yesterday, and it is a beast! I know why they're a little more money... because it's worth the price! I've actually used it after I pinpointed with my detector to "pop" coins out. Before I practically had to dig a swimming pool sized hole for my bullseye 2, now I can PP with my detector and PP with the TRX before ever digging the hole! It's got a lot of power with no interference with my M6. Money well spent in my opinion.

Life's a Garden... Dig It.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say if there,s a dime (Silver or Clad) Under Avg, soil cond's (Not too wet / not too Dry) laying flat at 2 inches will the
TRX pick it up?

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like it was laying on the surface.. it will pick up your description at 4" wil be a slow beep but it will pin point it!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Amos, what PP were you using before?

OP
OP
Amos Moses

Amos Moses

May 12, 2014
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The White's Bullseye 2. The TRX can pick up a coin from 3" of dirt or sand, I actually detuned it by half! Phenomenal little machine!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The White's Bullseye 2. The TRX can pick up a coin from 3" of dirt or sand, I actually detuned it by half! Phenomenal little machine!

Why De-Tune It?

OP
OP
Amos Moses

Amos Moses

May 12, 2014
Southeast Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E trac - Irish
White's TRX
White's M6 (SOLD)
White's V3i (SOLD)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why De-Tune It?
It's almost too powerful, it picks up all kinds of stuff in my mineralized ground.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok

I guess using one and learning it & would answer my own ? as well.
Thanks
Davers

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why De-Tune It?

Sometimes you need to zero in on your target. If say there is a quarter on the surface it will pick it up from inches away. Normally I just move it around, the closer you get the faster it beeps.. Or you can hit the button while it is beeping slowly and it stops beeping till you get closer to the target.. With the proximity functions (faster beeping the closer you get) the detuning is not really needed once you get some time with the tool.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you need to zero in on your target. If say there is a quarter on the surface it will pick it up from inches away. Normally I just move it around, the closer you get the faster it beeps.. Or you can hit the button while it is beeping slowly and it stops beeping till you get closer to the target.. With the proximity functions (faster beeping the closer you get) the detuning is not really needed once you get some time with the tool.

As Doug says, once in the hole you can hit the button to limit the sensitivity which in the case where you may be dealing with a pocket spill and have several targets located inches apart, this would allow you to locate each and every target separately if needed.

neworder

May 5, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 and Titan 9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my TRX. When I am detecting in a park I would say that 95% of my targets can be pinpointed with the TRX above the ground and will know exactly where to cut a half circle plug. I will usually only cut half a plug 4 inches wide, pry it up, retrieve the target and put back the half connected plug back with not much disturbance to the grass.

Also a huge plus is the TRX acts much like pointing a flashlight. You can aim it around the hole and if you pass the target it will stop beeping where other pinpointers will keep beeping and takes longer to find your target.

+1 for the TRX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread