Looking at picking up a DFX

Deadlift

Greenie
Jul 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently parted with a beloved XLT and am using another brand as my main detector. I'm making finds w/the new machine, it's a bit deeper than my XLT but after doing some school yard hunting the past few days, I miss the old girl and want another white's for a secondary machine. There's just always been something "right" about the way a white's feels to me.

I have an accepted offer to acquire a used DFX. I've read multiple times about them being the next progression from the XLT, w/the multi freq. thing being something they push. I got very in tune with tweaking the XLT , so the learning curve for the DFX should be shortened a bit. I've done a bit of reading and other than more coil options, adjustable swing speed, I haven't seen much specifics on the difference between the 2 machines, other than EMI can be more problematic to the DFX.

Can you please tell me are there any tangible differences when it comes to actual detecting? The DFX's have more filters and multiple frequencies. Does this or anything else on the DFX offer a true improvement?f Is the multi freq. thing more of a marketing thing to keep up with the minelab's of the world? My only gripe w/the XLT and white's in general I've ran is they haven't been too hot on brass. Does the DFX perform any better?

Thanks

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread