TRX Problem??

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to seem like a smart azz, If there is metal in that direction it will find it. If you are sure there is no jewelry or such near when you get this reaction then I would think you have a bad unit. It will pick up large metal a long ways away. When you get this reaction and tap the button does it stop? If so, then it is probably picking up metal but if it does not stop then I think it may be defective.

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar issue with mine, where if I turned it on while it was pointed straight up and then turned it parallel to the ground or further, it would false. White's determined it was faulty, and my local White's dealer swapped it out for me. Call White's...great customer service.

TxFlag

Greenie
Jul 29, 2014
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Adventure 5500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wedding ring has fooled me a few times.

OP
OP
ArDirtSlinger

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Contacted Whites Customer Service and they said its trying to ground balance and to touch the button to stop it.. Will try that on next outing and see if that solves the problem.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rest the tip on the ground when you start it. It will give you the start up beep and be ground balanced to the soil at the same time.

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably have the sensitivity too high. I am confounded as to why White's would not include sens. adjustment in the instruction manual. It is an excellent feature on a very excellent metal detecting tool.

The TRX is ultra-sensitive out of the box. Sensitivity of 3 is powerful. Sens of 4 is almost unusable. I like to run mine at 2 for most coins and switch to sens of 3 for deeper stuff. The TRX goes DEEEEEEP. Here's a youtube vid on adjusting the sensitivity-

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am confounded as to why White's would not include sens. adjustment in the instruction manual.

The answer to that question is too embarrassing and scandalous to post.

gulfcoaster

May 11, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, White's Bullseye TRX, Stealth Classic 8" Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are other configuration options, in addition to sensitivity, from what I've read in other posts.

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the configuration options that you really don't need to mess can be found in the Whites TRX Forum in the Sticky thread at the top.
HERE >>> Bullseye TRX Pinpointer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread