luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know the answer to your question, but I know it would take a LOT of pull tabs to weight enough to sell by the pound.
luvsdux

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which has more value. Zinc Pennies or modern pull tabs? Some of the zinc pennies I dig up, the bank won't even take back, and yet I see people collecting pull tabs for some children's benefit. They tell me their purer aluminum and get more money for them. Seems to me if that where true it would be worth it to save the pull tabs along with the zinclonies.

Pull tabs are worth 3 1/2 cents per hundred. I would think you could get 4 zinc pennies out of 100 that the bank would take.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which has more value.

Zinc Pennies or modern pull tabs?

Some of the zinc pennies I dig up, the bank won't even take back, and yet I see people collecting pull tabs for some children's benefit. They tell me their purer aluminum and get more money for them.

Seems to me if that where true it would be worth it to save the pull tabs along with the zinclonies.

1st -I would think the Cents are worth more than the pull tabs, as zinc is worth more than Aluminum .

2 ed - I have heard the Purer thing in the past also , but this is not true.

3 rd - I think Charities take the pull tabs cause it's much cleaner than taking whole nasty beer, coke cans + their more compact.

4- I don't think it's even Legal to melt down Corroded Pennies .

If you want to check my "past " Threads .. Someone gave me the method of turning in Corroded Zinc Cents.

Davers

mouseman60

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro
I would think the pull tabs because we fine more of them, and tabs can be used for so many different things.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy that saves his pull tabs and throws them into swim areas to mess me up.:BangHead:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a guy that saves his pull tabs and throws them into swim areas to mess me up.:BangHead:

Some people have to much time on their hands. To bad you cant catch him and turn him in for littering.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there we go aluminum pennies bundle them to gather frank, and save the penny from crowding away and save lives at the same time..

liftloop

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to dig either one,i see a zinc on the ground, i ain't gonna pick it up,i only got so many bends left in my back and i'm saving them.s.t

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saving them bends for the shinny gold pieces...

love it

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread