anWaterproof or proofing

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a waterproof White's detector, the Beach Hunter id works well. However it is not the best for saltwater at all locations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

allen62

Greenie
Oct 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Whites Beach hunter work well as the dirt? I wanting to purchase on for both areas. Thanks

Last edited:

X_Marks_Spot

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Oct 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, White's, Bounty Hunter, Tesoro, Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Other
White's Surf PI Dual Field
w/ New 12" Search Coil
This one offers you incredible depths and stability in highly mineralized area's or salt water. But at the sacrifice of having to dig up all your targets. No discrimination offered. (Pulse Induction)

White's BeachHunter 300
w/ New 12" Search Coil
The Beachhunter offers you a sense of discrimination (simplified among 3 led) This is capable being it is a VLF system. The struggle a VLF has is heavy mineral content or salt water. NOT that it will not perform just not to the standards you would want.

If you have any questions give me a shout my name is Mark.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does the Whites Beach hunter work well as the dirt? I wanting to purchase on for both areas. Thanks

You will not be happy with a water machine in the dirt. There are none that are great in all situations which is why there so many different models. Get a land unit for dirt, a water one for the beach. If you want to prospect, get a dedicated prospecting model.

What type of beach are you wanting to hunt?

OP
OP
A

allen62

Greenie
Oct 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will mainly be in the dirt, but when I'm at the beach sand/shallow water, two or three times a year I could use it then. I would like to find one that can fit all my needs without going broke on buying three models, or do they make one of those yet? lol Thanks for the help, more confused than ever

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will mainly be in the dirt, but when I'm at the beach sand/shallow water, two or three times a year I could use it then. I would like to find one that can fit all my needs without going broke on buying three models, or do they make one of those yet? lol Thanks for the help, more confused than ever

Then you would want a Minelab CTX. It's only one that is at home on land and surf. It's display is overkill for the beach, but it handles saltwater well. You can get it wet without fear, but I certainly wouldn't call it "waterproof" as it can have problems with the seals and actually being underwater.

Or you could buy what ever land detector you like and keep it in the dry sand of the beach for those 2 - 3 times a year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread