Which Coinmaster GT????

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
Which Coinmaster GT do you have? Sounds like a strange question, but check this out. For the past few weeks I have been noticing some pretty strange things going on with the GT's. There seems to be several different versions of the Coinmaster GT. Don't believe me? Do a Google search for "Coinmaster GT Versions" then look at the images (pics). Right away you will see a GT with "Coinmaster" under the screen and "GT" over to the left side, another has "Coinmaster GT" under the screen in one line, another has "Coinmaster" and "GT" centered under it where the Beach and Trac Lock" buttons should be, but are missing. My GT doesn't even have "Coinmaster GT" on the face plate at all. Same thing goes with the Prizm 6T - some pics show a horse shoe at the left end and some don't. What gives? Are some simply retro-fitted Prizm 6T's, are some counterfeit? Different versions/serial numbers. We need to get to the bottom of this.

OP
OP
The Silver Pirate

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
Quickly clarified with a call to Whites. Talked to Rebecca and she gave me the low-down. Earlier versions of the GT where simply converted 6T's with a retro fitted face plate. If you had an early version of the GT without the Beach and TracLock button, you could send it in to have it converted over for no charge. She ran my serial number and told me mine was just made in July. So it is brand new. Mine does not say "Coinmaster GT" anywhere except for a sticker on the battery box.

So.... this is good information to know for someone who is looking to buy a new/used on on eBay. Look at the faceplate to find out if it is new or old/converted, or used and never been converted, in which case you would be missing the Beach mode and the Trac Lock function.

Last edited:

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I bought mine I called Whites and they sent me the faceplate update with beach mode. It was pretty easy to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread