Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just make a custom program and accept all VDI's and whatever tones and filters etc you want to hunt with. It only takes a couple seconds to switch programs. If your just looking to hear all the VDI's ring up you can modify any program to do that also and you won't have to switch anything.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure since I do not have that machine but with what i have read about my New to me DFX, ALL metal means no discrimination using the Non Motion all metal channel (what you use when pinpointing). I know the new machines have a lot of the same settings and are more or less built on the same principles of the xlt and dfx. Does the V3i have Mixed Mode? That would give you the non Motion All Metal along with the motion discriminated tones.. Please ignore me if this is not applicable. Upon realization of DFXDons handle.. it is probably not applicable

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure since I do not have that machine but with what i have read about my New to me DFX, ALL metal means no discrimination using the Non Motion all metal channel (what you use when pinpointing). I know the new machines have a lot of the same settings and are more or less built on the same principles of the xlt and dfx. Does the V3i have Mixed Mode? That would give you the non Motion All Metal along with the motion discriminated tones.. Please ignore me if this is not applicable. Upon realization of DFXDons handle.. it is probably not applicable

You are correct airscapes. Mixed Mode on the V3i will give him all metal in one ear and discriminated tones in the other ear.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct airscapes. Mixed Mode on the V3i will give him all metal in one ear and discriminated tones in the other ear.

Do you know if it should be the same on dfx? When I tired it I got both in both ears and I was using stereo headphones. I also know the dfx has a stereo jack as i was in the unit to inspect it. However the manual does not say it works like that and mine was mixed to mono ..Sorry to highjack your thread DFXDon

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
Do you know if it should be the same on dfx? When I tired it I got both in both ears and I was using stereo headphones. I also know the dfx has a stereo jack as i was in the unit to inspect it. However the manual does not say it works like that and mine was mixed to mono ..Sorry to highjack your thread DFXDon

V3i - Mixed mode you hear both in both ears at the same time.....Stereo Mixed mode you hear all-metal in one ear and discriminate in the other.....I really like using stereo mm....gl and hh!!!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No the DFX doesn't have stereo mixed mode, just the V3i.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that would be very helpful!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The V3i can be set in Mixed-Mode and you will have one ear listening to the Discrimination Mode and the other All Metal. You will need stereo headphones and will take some time to appreciated what you are getting for Detector-Operator information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread