detech coil for mxt

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like your looking for something a little smaller that your 950 stock coil for tot lots/parks. I got my 8x6 SEF coil about 6 months ago and love it. My finds have gone up and i am suprized at the very small targets it finds. Depth wise Quarters @ 5/6" Dimes/Penney @ 4/5" the smaller the coil the less depth you get.

OP
OP

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
51 views ,1 reply, this must be one of those DEAD HORSE POSTS
sorry brad

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Area coverage is better, separation is better, usually not as much depth with a dd coil unless in moderate to hi mineralized soil. Some folks will tell you to stick with white's coils, personally doesnt matter to me, have used detech and perform well, but if sticking with whites, the 6X10 is a very good coil, all around. Oh, the dd coils make it a little more difficult to tell the diff between quarters and bottlecaps.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
should I try a 5 x10 detech coil or should I stick with the whites coils ,for my mxt ,will be looking for coins

thanks brad

I would get the 6X8 SEF !! I use it on both the MXT and M6. It gets great depth and my results are different from previous post. I have found pennies at 7-8 inches with my MXT usiing the 6X8 SEF. I have good soil so that might be the difference. I would definitely recommend it and also the Eclipse 5.3. It is a great coil in trash and ID"s very well. I am a coinshooter and rarely hunt for anything else and both of these coils work very well for me.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the 13" ultimate detech coil, which covers lots of ground and gets as deep as the whites D2 coil and hits a little better on those deep on edge coins. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread