New Treasure Master Pro ?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The obvious is lighter weight & only 2 AAs to power it, perhaps better rain resistance. The numerical ID is bigger. The 10" DD coil is standard. I was watching a MX5 video & numbers jumping several numbers each way. I'll probably let someone else review it 1st. We should know more soon with release expected by mid-month. The depth meter goes to +10" in half inch steps, so it should be mostly easy to know how deep to dig, even when beyond pinpointer range. If the IDs aren't too jumpy, I can't offhand see anything else to worry about. $369 MAP price. Treasure Master has $279 MAP price. Probably both better values then $279 Coin Pro & $369 GT Pro that these seem to be replacing. Best wishes, George (MN)

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I don't understand is why they made it so damn short Assembled Length Maximum 46":dontknow:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I don't understand is why they made it so damn short Assembled Length Maximum 46":dontknow:

Is that all it extends? At 6'3" I can't even consider one. Whites must be targeting females or youth with it.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, specs say it adjusts 46" to 51". It has no cam locks though.......another deal killer for me. I want to like it, but even my BHs have cam locks.

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will be interesting to test the MX5 vs. the Treasurepro. The Treasurepro 2 AA batteries only last 10 hours.

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think the ML Go find 60 would be a better detector than the treasuremaster pro?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Finally the TreasurePro with 10" DD coil is available, with $399 MSRP & $369 MAP price. 20 hours on 2 AAs, rainproof, reads depth to 10" in 0.5" increments, 8 tones or less. Best wishes, George (MN)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, specs say it adjusts 46" to 51". It has no cam locks though.......another deal killer for me. I want to like it, but even my BHs have cam locks.
I was playing with one Friday, even though there is no cam lock there was absolutely no wobble in the shaft at all. It identified targets very well too....

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really like the coil choices for the MX5 as all of the coils for my DFX will work with it. Like the looks of the TreasurePro but not sure what Weather Resistant means. Hate to find out the hard way. And I'm 6'4" so length would be a factor for me too.

KaitoNation

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wanted one of those! I haven't tried one out yet though.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will have the Treasure Pro next week and since I already have the MX5, hopefully I can give you a decent comparison.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After having the Treasure Pro out a couple of times, I would compare it more to the 6T than the MX5. It is a nice detector (love the display) and easy to operate but from my experiences with it, I wouldn't call it a depth monster but has adequate depth for most situations. I also want to stress that I don't look at the depth of the machine by it just making a tone but it must have a correct VDI before I count it. Like most detectors the TP will give you a tone of some kind before it gives you get the numerical display. I am going to do some more testing because in my short test, it seemed to ID by catagory (quarter, dime, nickel etc.) correctly before you get the number. It is pretty stable and the only coil that I have used on it is the stock D2. Most of the places I hunt regularly are pretty trashy so the D2 is too big for my taste. I have used other machines with the D2 and have had the same opinion of the coil on those detectors too. I have ordered a NEL Sharpshooter for it and it will be here this weekend. If I can get 6 inches on a dime with the small coil, I will be pleased and will use the Treasure Pro in modern parks and tot lots. When I want to go deep then the MX5 will definitely come out. I am hoping to get a Ultimate 13 for it when I can. The Treasure Pro is a fun little machine and it will hopefully be good for what I bought it for. I think for the price of the machine with the features and performance it gives, it's a good deal especially if you just want a detector to keep in the vehicle for quick hunts or scouting out potential sites. I think that it is crazy to try to compare a $350 detector against detectors that cost 2 or 3 times that so with that being said, I like the Treasure Pro and it performs adequately and has some really nice features.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A little update !! I took the TP outside today and did air tests at Max Sensitivity. I was able to get about 7 1/2 inches to 8 inches on a dime with diggable ID. Quarter was somewhere around 9 or maybe a little more. Pretty impressive for an inexpensive machine.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my whites trx pinpointer will hit almost that far.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my whites trx pinpointer will hit almost that far.

:laughing7::laughing7:

Just trying to be real so people with know more about what they are buying. It's not a $1000 machine like the one listed in your profile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread