Anyone have experience with the Whites TREASUREpro and the Fischer F44?

killeraxemannic

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites TREASUREpro, Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am really new to this but it seems like White's is a bit of a niche brand so it doesn't seem like a lot of people have experience with them. I figured I would ask here because I would have a better chance of finding someone who has experience with both machines than in a general forum.

I am looking to get everyone's opinion on what is a better machine between the two.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's a "niche brand"? That's like saying Chevrolet is a niche brand.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites is a major brand metal detector that has been proven over the years to produce quality detectors with excellent performance and the best customer service out there. I know that you are new to the hobby and are looking for the best detector to buy however, you will find that detectorists that have been around a while will use what performs best for their particular kind of hunting and that they enjoy using. Metal detectors vary greatly from brand to brand and even from detector to detector so no one can tell you what the best detector will be for you. Just check out the features that you are looking for, get a machine and then learn that machine through use. As far as your original question, you are on a Whites forum so it is not likely to get many unbiased opinions since most detectorist have a tendency to be brand loyal. I have used several Fisher machines that performed very nicely but they were all the old style analog machines like the CZ5. The only digital Fisher detector I have owned was the F5. I did not care for it at all and it was very susceptable to EMI making it almost impossible to use in some areas that I detected. I liked some of the features that the detector had but it just did not perform up to my expectations. I currently have the TreasurePro and have owned a lot of Whites machines. Out of all the brands available (and I have owned most of them) Whites detectors just perform like they are supposed to and are built solid to last a long time. The TreasurePro is very inexpensive for all the features that you get for your money and I don't think you would be disappointed in it's performance. Is it the deepest machine out there, no but neither will any other detector in that price range be. IMHO Whites detectors have the best discrimination and target ID. I am a coinshooter and rarely hunt for anything else and I have always done well with Whites machines and the TreasurePro is a good coin machine. I have a NEL Sharpshooter coil on mine and it gets good depth and great separation of targets which is often more important than raw depth. I am not a dig it all kind of guy so I depend upon good tone and visual ID and I think the TPro offers that plus other great features like a backlight, easy to read display, auto tracking and the ability to lock the tracking. Hope you enjoy whatever you decide on and good luck in your quest for treasure.

OP
OP
K

killeraxemannic

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's a "niche brand"? That's like saying Chevrolet is a niche brand.

As I stated in the OP I am new to this and that was my first observation. It doesn't seem like most people I have been watching on YouTube and talking to on forums use White's. They are all using Garrett, Minelab, or something from FTP. Seems like White's is a well known brand but not one of the most popular.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I stated in the OP I am new to this and that was my first observation. It doesn't seem like most people I have been watching on YouTube and talking to on forums use White's. They are all using Garrett, Minelab, or something from FTP. Seems like White's is a well known brand but not one of the most popular.

I have a White's V3i, a Minelab Etrac and a Garrett AT Pro. All great detectors for the purpose they are made for and huge brand names but that's not why I bought them. Sometimes you don't hear from a certain brand name because they are just that good and people don't complain about them. Be careful judging a detector by the number of YouTube videos you can find on it. Hang around on these forums for a while and you will learn a ton about each brand and their capabilities. Good luck!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good video just out by a friend of mine.

Part 2 should show up after, where he is outside.

OP
OP
K

killeraxemannic

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good video just out by a friend of mine.

Part 2 should show up after, where he is outside.

I actually ordered the TREASUREpro today! It should be here Monday and I am really excited! I even took the day off work Tuesday to play with it! I watched that video about a week ago. It was one of the videos that convinced me that it was the right machine for me. He has a P2 up with some depth tests that was also very helpful.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck wih your new machine. I think you will like it !! The TreasurePro is a very capable machine.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
after owning and trying several brand detectors i bought a whites myself this year . it was like an old friend i clicked with it rignt away . easily the best machine ive ever owned .

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I bought another Whites, it would be the TreasurePro. I had the CoinGt and hated it. Glad Whites decided to make a decent detector without 8 batteries under the forearm. Balance or not, that weight takes a toll on the rotator cuff.

tyler sims

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i have tried both...the treasurepro is a better machine...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread