treasure master falsing

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where are you located when it does this? EMI can do that.. a transformer even many hundreds of feet away is can make any MD sing.

OP
OP
W

w8heb

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in WV on the ohio river I first thought it was emi but today I was in a open field a half mile from anything and it was bad my garrett 350 did not false any or my fisher f2 I have had the treasure master out four times with a total of around 12 hours I like the TM it was going to replace my 350 if I can get this falsing to stop I will call whites and see what they say

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try some fresh batteries.....check coil for cracks.....make sure nothing wet got into control box....make sure coil plug is firm into control box. Hopefully something simple and not something terrible.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have noticed that the TPro will give a low non repeatable tone with no VDI and I just assumed that it's strong iron signals getting past the discrimination. It seems to be the worse in 8 tones and thats the way I use it. I don't dig iron tones so it really doesn't bother me. I am a coinshooter and only dig one way signals if there is a high tone in the mix.

UtahWrangler

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intersting. I'm curious what White's tells you. I also have a lot of falsing, but I thought it was large iron pipes or something. Hmm, now you have me really curious. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
W

w8heb

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called whites today and they said that they have never had this problem with the TM and I could send it to them to be check out I think it might be the auto ground balance because if you hold it up in the air it will false so I unplugged the coil and turned it on and it will do it with the coil unplugged if it had the ground lock like the pro that might stop it from falsing it would be nice to here from someone that has the TMpro to see if that helped the falsing. Thanks W8HEB

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Treasurepro for a backup detector. I don't think it's actually falsing as much as - for some reason, the threshold tone seems to 'swell' and get louder on the side-swing. The detector will behave the same way if you're carrying it powered on over your shoulder but I believe that is the auto GB and it's 'sniffing' the air to update to auto GB. This would be a KILLER little detector because it's so deep and feature-packed for it's price range, but it seems to be a little 'unrefined' as far as ground performance.

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a new one just purchased for my wife and its behaving badly. I'm at a beach with no EMI and sweet sand. With the "Beach" program and sensitivity above "2" the slightest movement of the detector or touching it anywhere causes it to beep. Touching the coil to the sand causes it to squeal. If I turn down the sensitivity to "1" it will stop falsing but all your depth is lost.
When I get home I'm going to the dealer and change to another coil. If that doesn't help it's going back to White's ( for all the good that will do.) Then it's going on the market. This is the 2nd brand new intermediate level White's machine that has been useless right out of the box. I need a lightweight stable machine for my wife for beach hunting. I don't think White's has one.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be missing something here, but have you both turned off your cell phones? Cleaned out coil cover? Not near any security or dog fences????

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep - Mobile phone. Good point. Turn it off or leave it in the car as they will cause frequency interference. Also, even though I've been doing this a long time, I made a newbie mistake a few days ago. I was carrying my Sampson digger in my left hand as I swung the coil. Every time I'd swing to the left, I'd get a high/low tone. I was circling around like a dog chasing it's tail looking for the 'mystery signal'. Mystery solved - My shovel I was carrying length-wise in my left hand. Duh. Make sure you're not wearing steel toes, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions