Looking for a PI machine and Whites TDI Pro looks decent- is it deeper than the CTX?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My White's TDI works very well. In a lawn with a lot of trash it would be a NIGHTMARE due to discrimination, or lack thereof. I have dug minie balls in fields 11" deep or more with it, but my vlf Tesoro will get them that deep also, as long as I use the large coil on the Tesoro.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My White's TDI works very well. In a lawn with a lot of trash it would be a NIGHTMARE due to discrimination, or lack thereof. I have dug minie balls in fields 11" deep or more with it, but my vlf Tesoro will get them that deep also, as long as I use the large coil on the Tesoro.

I hit musket balls between 12 to 19" with my TDI Pro and depending on which coin it is I can hit them up to over 2 feet,,

How you should be looking at this is that there is a reason the TDI Pro costs $1799.00 and that is Performance.

Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently sold my ATX because I couldn't stand that hi low/low hi tone and went with the TDI SL. Best choice i've ever made. I use mine at Daytona Beach where its very common to run into a half dozen others walking the beach, usually at the water line. I don't, I like to grid. My last two trip (last two weeks) both produced gold. The class ring was easily the deepest piece of jewelry Ive ever dug. I'm not going to get into the DF debate but with the the Excals I see I love it when they skip the nulls because they can easily be covering up deeper gold. The last trip was an extremely low tide -.7 so I was out there where the water is chest deep at high tide and I did not find one target, all coming from the soft, deep sand before the 1st trough, which is where most people play when the tide is in. The best part is the weight of the SL....I can swing it all day unlike my ATX and run it at no ground balance and the gain wide open. My experience on land or at the beach is you gotta dig the junk to make sure you get the goods. I found the owner of the class ring within 2 days and when it gets back from the jeweler from a good cleaning I will be returning it to him. That ring was lost for 2 years so I know i'm something right. I got mine used off eBay for 1100.00 with all the bells and whistles.

Attachments

• beach.jpg
    beach.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 72

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't get my head around that MDs find items 15" plus.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still can't get my head around that MDs find items 15" plus.

Well your going to have Trouble when you find out that it can see Items at over 48"/ 4 feet deep then, lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What depths are you getting at the beach on your CTX? Are you hunting in auto or manual. YOu will get more dept on manual than auto.... I am getting 12 inches on the stock 11 inch coil.....

Just how deep are you wanting to dig for iron? You want more depth at the beach buy a used Excal and have the reverse pinpoint mod installed on it and add a 12x15 inch coil, I am getting 20" on mine at the beaches here and I never dig any iron at all...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently sold my ATX because I couldn't stand that hi low/low hi tone and went with the TDI SL. Best choice i've ever made. I use mine at Daytona Beach where its very common to run into a half dozen others walking the beach, usually at the water line. I don't, I like to grid. My last two trip (last two weeks) both produced gold. The class ring was easily the deepest piece of jewelry Ive ever dug. I'm not going to get into the DF debate but with the the Excals I see I love it when they skip the nulls because they can easily be covering up deeper gold. The last trip was an extremely low tide -.7 so I was out there where the water is chest deep at high tide and I did not find one target, all coming from the soft, deep sand before the 1st trough, which is where most people play when the tide is in. The best part is the weight of the SL....I can swing it all day unlike my ATX and run it at no ground balance and the gain wide open. My experience on land or at the beach is you gotta dig the junk to make sure you get the goods. I found the owner of the class ring within 2 days and when it gets back from the jeweler from a good cleaning I will be returning it to him. That ring was lost for 2 years so I know i'm something right. I got mine used off eBay for 1100.00 with all the bells and whistles.

People skipping the nulls evidently don't know your suppose to rotate 90 degrees and re-sweep every null when using an excal.. It will null first sweep, rotate 90 degrees and sweep again, if there is gold there it will report it on the re-sweep..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread