First detector: Whites Treasure Pro

Cruzthepug

Greenie
Nov 7, 2015
Huntsville, Alabama
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just unboxed my first detector, White's Treasure Pro. My wife and I recently purchased a condo on the beach at Gulf Shores, AL so I thought it would be fun to see what I can find. First detector and first time ever using one. Got the Treasure Pro, Bullseye II pinpointer, headphones, Garrett digger and a couple of different sand scoops to get started. We're going down to the condo next week so I've got a couple of days to play around with the unit, so, any tips, tricks or advice would be awesome.

IMG_0969.JPG

After just a minute in back yard after putting it together, dug up a nail :laughing7:

IMG_0970.JPG

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they had detectors like that when I started out. I tested one out last month on the beach (it belong to a friend), great little machine light weight and easy to use. Now get out there and find something.:occasion14:

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have heard nothing but good on the Treasure Pro. The more you use it the more proficient you will get with it. Good hunting.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck with the new detector and pin pointer. The more you swing the coil the more you will find. I recommend that you throw different coins on the ground along with a bottle cap and pull tab. Swing your coil over each to become familiar with the tones and the VDI reading. Lay a nickle on a quarter to see how the combination sound. Dig everything until you feel comfortable identifying the buried targets.

Looking forward to seeing you post your first silver. :thumbsup:

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Best of luck with your new machine. I think you have made a good choice. I agree with the others, time swinging the coil and using some test targets will help u get off to a great start. GL HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread