Which one?

shadowcat1971

May 5, 2012
Northern MN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT E series with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what everyone thinks. I'm going to buy a new detector. I want a MXT all pro or MX sport. I already have a XLT and a DFX. I wanna get rid of my DFX and replace it with one of the other two. I do mostly general coin and jewelry hunting and whatever I can find. Would start doing more beach and wet hunting if I decided on the MX sport. But do way more land hunting. I want a deep detector that's more simple than my DFX. Don't like the idea of AA batteries on the MX. Will the MX sport be a deep detector like the MXT?? Let me know! Thanks!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you are going to get an answer on thr depth of the new Sport until it is in the hands of a few detectorists, but we are all dying to know. I have a water machine and a land machine but am strongly considering the Sport because I hate having to haul two machines along on vacation and you just never know when you are going to find a lake you want to hunt.

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For coin and jewelry I would go with the tried and true MXT. Who knows what quirks the MXSport will have on launch. You will not have access to as many coils on the MXSport launch and who knows when they will release an adapter for existing land coils.

That being said, if you feel like you will be interested in the MXSport I would find a lightly used or even moderately used MXT. You can find good prices on them, they are built like tanks, and White's will service the machine at a reasonable price if need be.

Last edited:

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
m also looking for the same info... is the MXT pro the best detector for coins/jewlery in the price range? Will do a handful of beach hunts per year at most.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the build quality of the MXT and hope they don't go away from the aluminum housing as it's makes me feel better in thick woods, I've got tripped up a few times and took some falls always shielding my detector though but still makes me feel better that it's built solid. I don't see it being any deeper than the MXT as with the right coil it's a depth beast and it would surprise me if it got equal depth. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread