Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see them in the classifieds from $900 - $1300 depending on what extras are being sold with it.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have a V3i and I am considering selling it or trading it in for another detector. I have had it 2 yrs and although it's a great detector I am thinking of buying a more purpose built detector such as for gold or sea water. I am wondering if anyone would know what the trade in value would be.

It is out of warranty at 2 years. If you don't have the wireless HPs or extra coils, I would guess you are gonna be hoping for $700-800 w/o wireless HPs. With the HPs...maybe $900 at best.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better off selling outright I would think you would get hosed on a trade in because the dealer needs to make money too.

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the input guys it was greatly appreciated.. I bought it brand new in Feb 2014 from a dealer. He had sold it to a guy and then guy guy thought it was way more than he could handle so the traded it back to the dealer. It had never been used. The dealer stripped the head phones and sold them separately so he made money on the sale to the 1st guy and made an extra $300 when he sold to me because he stripped the head phones. I paid $900 cash.

I went out today with it and for some reason it seemed as though it had something to prove. The beaches in Biloxi are notoriously not good hunting beaches so the best you can expect is a few coins and maybe a ring.

Today was very windy and was hard to walk unless the wind was at your back but anyway I started out and the V3i started ringing like a cash register. The 1st find was a 63 silver quarter, then a bracelet and 2 more quarters, then a 1959 silver dime. Of course I dug about 20 pull tabs but you have to dig them just in case they are a ring.

I ended up with $4.85 in about 1.5 hours before I was tired of fighting the wind.

That was an incredible day for the Biloxi beach.

In summary I think I will keep it. One always thinks there is a detector out there that suits your needs better but in hind sight I know it is all about knowing the detector you're using

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Glad to hear your sticking with it . I love mine :)

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Whites makes some great detectors the Spectra is fantastic!, happy to hear you are holding onto it. Good policy on digging the pull tabs, they sometimes end up being what we all love. Hey you're $5 richer too. Thanks for sharing. HH

OP
OP
N

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt the same way about my AT Pro for while and was looking for a different detector to add to it but all of sudden I did so well with it that I paid for it in 4 months. I have already paid for my V3i as well but there is so much I don't know about it yet that frustrates me at times but then I think I do so well with it why worry. I am one of these guys that like to make it do everything that's possible for it to do.

I for sure will stick with it after reviewing whats available I really can't do any better for what I have in it. I hunted with a guy that has a CTX3030 and I did just as well as him. I like the gps the ctx had so he could track where he had been but on my way back to my truck i hit 3 quarters he missed. I know it was luck but it sure pumped my ego

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt the same way about my AT Pro for while and was looking for a different detector to add to it but all of sudden I did so well with it that I paid for it in 4 months. I have already paid for my V3i as well but there is so much I don't know about it yet that frustrates me at times but then I think I do so well with it why worry. I am one of these guys that like to make it do everything that's possible for it to do.

I for sure will stick with it after reviewing whats available I really can't do any better for what I have in it. I hunted with a guy that has a CTX3030 and I did just as well as him. I like the gps the ctx had so he could track where he had been but on my way back to my truck i hit 3 quarters he missed. I know it was luck but it sure pumped my ego
I have the AT PRO and it's awesome, love that it goes super deep. Then I bought a V3i and was disappointed at first, now I love it too. I think I have the best combo of detectors with these 2. I hunt with guys that have Minelab CTX 3030 both of my detectors hit deeper and the V3i has the best analisys. Once you learn these detectors you will be amazed. Good hunting my friend
MackDog

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest using the 950 coil for the beach. Good luck with your v3i..

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is how much you know your machine. At least part of it. I had a V3i and did great with it on dry land. Once I took it to a salty beach, that was it. It couldnt see anything no mater what settings I had it on. I even contacted whites for advice. I bought a Minelab SE pro and took it to the same beach and was hitting dimes around 8 inches. Now I use a Whites TDI at this beach and get tired from digging holes that are too deep!!

Gatsby

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is how much you know your machine. At least part of it. I had a V3i and did great with it on dry land. Once I took it to a salty beach, that was it. It couldnt see anything no mater what settings I had it on. I even contacted whites for advice. I bought a Minelab SE pro and took it to the same beach and was hitting dimes around 8 inches. Now I use a Whites TDI at this beach and get tired from digging holes that are too deep!!

This is confusing. What coil were you using? My V3i outperforms every detector in my club at the beach. I get tired of digging 10 inches in the sand on hunted out beaches. If you were just using stock programs I'm afraid you made a horrible mistake selling your V3i (if you didn't sell it let me know we can make it a beast.)

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
gatsby, is it best to start with the stock programs ? i have mine out just a few times and have to go back over the area with my a/t pro.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is confusing. What coil were you using? My V3i outperforms every detector in my club at the beach. I get tired of digging 10 inches in the sand on hunted out beaches. If you were just using stock programs I'm afraid you made a horrible mistake selling your V3i (if you didn't sell it let me know we can make it a beast.)

This beach is the Great Salt Lake. It has extremely nasty ground. I was using the D2 coil out there but have also used a 9.5 there. I now have a TDI I use there and it is great. I have found things the Minelab has missed. I also have an MXT Pro for everything else. I love the MXT. Easy to use and powerful. No crazy settings or tweaking it.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
gatsby, is it best to start with the stock programs ? i have mine out just a few times and have to go back over the area with my a/t pro.
The stock programs are weak imo at minimum I would at least change the filter. It just takes time to get to know the v and what it's telling u . Soon there will only be bottle caps left over for the at to find . Slow down your sweep with the v and watch it come to life

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The stock programs are weak imo at minimum I would at least change the filter. It just takes time to get to know the v and what it's telling u . Soon there will only be bottle caps left over for the at to find . Slow down your sweep with the v and watch it come to life

No better advice with the V than to SLOW DOWN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread