May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MX Sport Back It Goes

I waited for the new batch of MX Sports to arrive that had the firmware update at the end of March. In the field my machine ran great in a beat up iron infested field that I have stalked for the last 8 years with a MXT, and DFX. I was using the relic program with the 10% volume on iron, nice feature, and picked out 5 targets, was very happy about the machines quick separation. There was a problem with the pinpoint volume that I couldn't get to work. No sound or so low that it was barely ascertainable. Talked with Whites and it has to go back for the newest update. Not excited about the downtime, but happy with my new waterproof machine. I guess any machine that is going back for the firmware issue will also be going under the knife for the pinpoint issue. Art

Last edited:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the earlier MX Sport this is a good time to send it back. Whites will make the necessary updates and you'll be ready for the spring thaw. The pinpoint has it's own set of options including VCO on/off. Those settings should take care of the low volume too. Hope this helps! Tt

Last edited:

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the earlier MX Sport this is a good time to send it back. Whites will make the necessary updates and you'll be ready for the spring thaw. The pinpoint has it's own set of options including VCO on/off. Those settings should take care of the low volume too. Hope this helps! Tt

How do you like the MX Sport compared to your Minelab?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The minelab with multiple frequencies is my saltwater / beach machine. I don't care for the lack of threshold SAT but I live far from the ocean and only use it once or twice a year. Every other type of metal detecting I do is with the MX Sport. It's a great machine and the MX electronics adjusts for any hunting situation I encounter. I took mine out today and I'll be posting my finds soon. Tt

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The minelab with multiple frequencies is my saltwater / beach machine. I don't care for the lack of threshold SAT but I live far from the ocean and only use it once or twice a year. Every other type of metal detecting I do is with the MX Sport. It's a great machine and the MX electronics adjusts for any hunting situation I encounter. I took mine out today and I'll be posting my finds soon. Tt

Thanks. I'll be anxious to see how you do with it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread