MXT Pro??

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend you have a top of the line detector, you might not know it but you didn't have to pay as much to be on top of the heap. Yes you still have to know how to get the most out of it and everyone isn't as capable as the next even with the same detector but I'll put my MXT against any V3i, E-trac, or the Dues any day, I will feel I have them at least a little outgunned though if they really know their detector and a lot outgunned if they can't get the most out of their detector. HH
WHOA WHOA EVERYBODY YOU KNOW MAYBE THE MACHINES THAT ARE BAD ARE A BLESSING TO SOME OF THE USERS WHO DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO BY A DECENT TOP OF ALINE MACHINE . I HAVE THE MXT ALLPRO AND ITS A GREAT MACHINE WITH A 8X6 DETECH COIL AND ITS AN AWESOME SETUP , ITS NOT THE MACHINE ITS THE OPERATOR WHO MAKES THE DECISIONS , AND THE DETECTOR THAT FINDS THE PRIZE .

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the all pro and really like it.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the all pro and really like it.

Congrats, I have found so much with the MXTs I have owned, Like I said It will spit out the Etrac, and one of the MXT's best features is that you can use it for prospecting and the whole setup is built with Industrial Grade Quality and gives you 5 times the Battery Life and Is better balanced

With your T2 you have all the Bases covered, they both have some serious fire power.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MAN I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I HAD A RADIO SHACK MICRONTA DETECTOR AND FOUND A 1911 MOTORCYCLE BLUE PORCELAIN PLATE IN MY AUNTS BACK YARD . FIRST DETECTOR I EVER FOOLED WITH . DECIDED TO PUT IT ON EBAY FOR SALE NEEDING MONEY AND HAD 25.00 DOLLARS FOR IT SO I THOUGHT . A COLLECTOR WHO HAS VA PORCELAIN ARCHIVES TOLD ME BY EMAIL THAT IT WAS WORTH 1800.00 AND I SAID YEAH RIGHT AND I DECIDED TO TRY THAT PRICE ON OTHER SITES TO WHICH HE WAS WATCHING AND FINALLY I GAVE IN AND THE FELLA WAS TELLING THE TRUTH . I SOLD IT AND ITS THERE ON HIS SITE AND BOY DO I WISH THAT I HAD NEVER GOT RID OF IT, BUT DESPERATE TIMES WE DO STUPID THINGS . AND ALL THE TIME I THOUGHT THE GUY WAS BS ME AND TURNED OUT TO BE AN HONEST . WAS IT WORTH MORE I DONT KNOW BUT 1800.00 FOR SOMETHING YOU THOUGHT WAS NOTHING TURNED INTO SOMETHING. WORST THING I ALL MOST TOSSED IT IN THE TRASH.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different detectors for different jobs.
My main detector are 1. MX5 with a 5x10 DD Ditech coil for parks and such. 2. Minelab Safari with the standard coil. I only use it for the beach in the dry, wet, and up to a foot or so deep in the water. I regularly pull coin size targets out 8" to 12" with the Safari. 3. MXT Pro Mainly prospecting a few times a year. Between the MX5 and the Pro I have 6 coils to use between the machines to handle what ever I come across. You never know what you may come across.
If I had a Fisher 1225x for competition hunts then I would be a happier detectorits and my collection would be complete.:occasion14:

BuckRogers2000

Aug 24, 2016
Logan, Utah
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few tips that have significantly improved my finds and depth on the MXT All Pro:

I only use relic mode (don't use coin mode for coins!). I also use relic mode in the "secret mode", which is basically relic mode with the coin mode tones. (This was actually a bug that White's left alone because so many people like using it.) I also use zero disc. Last, crank the gain as high as you can! If your ears and brain can handle all that, then you won't miss much, if anything!

Thanks! Is this part of the information included in "The MXT Edge"? I have it on the way. Being on a mountain, I have yet to find a deep target. I suspect it's due to constant erosion...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I OWNED A 1980 RADIO SHACK MICRONTA AND FOUND A LICENSE PLATE AFTERWARDS THAT WAS WORTH 1800.00 . NOW MXT PRO WITH A 8X6 DETECH COIL , YOU CANT GO WRONG .

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Is this part of the information included in "The MXT Edge"? I have it on the way. Being on a mountain, I have yet to find a deep target. I suspect it's due to constant erosion...

Sorry, I just saw this (Anyone know if there is a way to receive a notification when someone quotes your reply?). I don't have that book, so can't tell you. Everything I learned was from net research and experimentation with my detector. I've read good things about the book, but just feel like I know my machine so well and have no desire to buy it.

Hunt4Fun

Feb 1, 2005

Hi BudkRogers2000,

"The MXT Edge" is a great book but the undocumented Tone ID "Feature" info is not in it. The following is the How-To I wrote up a while back.

MXT Pro Undocumented Tone ID

For most of my hunting, I prefer the more stable threshold that the slower SAT speed offers in Relic Normal mode. And, my hearing picks up good signals better with Relic’s mixed mode audio. However, I really like the Tone ID in the C&J mode. Fortunately, there is a way to have the best of both modes, slower SAT with Tone ID, through an undocumented “feature” on an MXT Pro. This may also work on an MXT All Pro.

This is the way it works. With the MXT Pro turned off, flip the MODE switch forward to C&J mode. Then, turn the detector ON and make sure Tone ID is turned ON. Do your normal setup of GAIN, Discrimination, Threshold and a Ground Balance. Now flip the MODE switch to the center position Relic. Start hunting and you will discover the MXT Pro is functioning in Relic mixed mode with Tone ID. You can even flip the MODE switch to Prospecting and Tone ID will be on in Prospecting.

While in Relic mode or Prospecting mode, you can adjust all of the knobs on the control box without effecting the Tone ID. However, if you press any of the buttons below the display, while in Relic or Prospecting, the Tone ID will stop functioning in Relic and Prospecting but continue to work in Coin & Jewelry.

If you decide you want to use the Ground Grab or Backlight button while in (Tone ID) Relic or Prospecting Mode, flip the MODE switch back to C&J and use the button, then flip the MODE switch back to Relic or Prospecting and Tone ID will still be on.

If you somehow lose Tone ID in Relic & Prospecting mode, you will need to shut the detector off. Then put the MODE switch into C&J and start all over.

Hope I worded this so it makes sense.
Bob aka Hunt4Fun

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a total difference in soil matrix between Oregon (jedi) and the Australia (auminesweeper). I think the real tough test would be the severe soils of the Aussie Outback. Whites even makes different coils for the aussie soil. ( whispers "And more beautiful Gold" )" :) Having many different Whites machines the 15 years I have been detecting and never owning a minelab machine, I am biased toward whites. The MXT Pro/ All Pro (12" coil / 10" DD coil) Are Great machines :) ( I would love to own the M/L SDC 2300, but that's big bucks which I no way could afford). :)

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a total difference in soil matrix between Oregon (jedi) and the Australia (auminesweeper). I think the real tough test would be the severe soils of the Aussie Outback. Whites even makes different coils for the aussie soil. ( whispers "And more beautiful Gold" )" :) Having many different Whites machines the 15 years I have been detecting and never owning a minelab machine, I am biased toward whites. The MXT Pro/ All Pro (12" coil / 10" DD coil) Are Great machines :) ( I would love to own the M/L SDC 2300, but that's big bucks which I no way could afford). :)

If you really want to Turbo your MXTs tiny target ability grab your self the 5.3 (6") concentric coil because it has the depth of the 6x10 on a good day and it will see bits of Gold or lead down to 0.006 grams OR 0.09 grains at about 3" in the Air Although it will loose a bit of that in the ground the 4x6 can only see it at 1" in the Air, Even the old 950 coil can see it, I have about 7 or 8 Coils for my MXT and more on the way, Even that humungous 15" MXT Max can see bits of lead / Gold down to 0.02 - 0.03 grams but it is a bit cumbersome but there are other alternatives that are pretty much chomping at it's heals, You might find that your 12" Concentric is hotter than the 10" D2 Coil on tiny targets because it is a concentric, I know that when I compared the 950/9.5 coil to the 10" DD that little test bit that weighed 0.02 grams the 10"DD saw it at about an inch and the 950 saw it at 2 to 3 inches, Oh and there is a whole heap of other info I got for ya that I know will boost your finds So when you get time shoot me a PM and I will send it to you, Ok.

Good Luck,

J

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
If you really want to Turbo your MXTs tiny target ability grab your self the 5.3 (6") concentric coil because it has the depth of the 6x10 on a good day and it will see bits of Gold or lead down to 0.006 grams OR 0.09 grains at about 3" in the Air Although it will loose a bit of that in the ground the 4x6 can only see it at 1" in the Air, Even the old 950 coil can see it, I have about 7 or 8 Coils for my MXT and more on the way, Even that humungous 15" MXT Max can see bits of lead / Gold down to 0.02 - 0.03 grams but it is a bit cumbersome but there are other alternatives that are pretty much chomping at it's heals, You might find that your 12" Concentric is hotter than the 10" D2 Coil on tiny targets because it is a concentric, I know that when I compared the 950/9.5 coil to the 10" DD that little test bit that weighed 0.02 grams the 10"DD saw it at about an inch and the 950 saw it at 2 to 3 inches, Oh and there is a whole heap of other info I got for ya that I know will boost your finds So when you get time shoot me a PM and I will send it to you, Ok.

Good Luck,

J

In Southern California we have mineralization ( you can stick a magnet in the soil and it will come out wooly ( looks like iron filings ) Do you have the same thing in OZ ? We use Double D coils ( like the 4X6 & 6X9 DD's ) I am not sure if a concentric coil like the 5.3 will be as good. I would like to hear more about the difference ( DD vs concentric) here from any California people too on this difference before I get one coil or the other :)

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Southern California we have mineralization ( you can stick a magnet in the soil and it will come out wooly ( looks like iron filings ) Do you have the same thing in OZ ? We use Double D coils ( like the 4X6 & 6X9 DD's ) I am not sure if a concentric coil like the 5.3 will be as good. I would like to hear more about the difference ( DD vs concentric) here from any California people too on this difference before I get one coil or the other :)

Although a DD is better for highly mineralized ground like you have there, I tried the 5.3 Concentric in OZ and it worked in the extremely hot Areas purely because it is such a small coil and it can deal with the ground because it see's a smaller picture of the ground, Your 12"/300 Coil is a concentric and if that works where you are then you will be fine using the 5.3, HH

I will send you a PM,

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The stock coil for the All Pro is the 10 DD :) And the soil here is 75 plus . Annnnd I ordered a brand new All Pro today !!!! Oh ! I read the large PM Thanks ! it was a great read full of knowledge :)

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Etrac and F75 can do that... The key is setting up each detector correctly... You guys must be brand loyal... I am not... I would use a $39 detector if it worked best for the environment I was in...

I have over $5K in just 4 detectors and tear it up. I use the correct one for the correct situation...
Gary from Oregon

First I have not read all the posts yet.
I believe this is true , 'Machine setup' Multi machines for best ( Site Clearing) & The MOST Important Experience with your Machine & Knowing it better than yr wife or Hubby.

Me I Got a Almost ten year old XLT back in 2001 Only use it it in Pre-set programs, Heck don't even know it it has multi tones . I think it may, I have only turned up the Gain once or twice , & upped the bottle Cap Reject.

IF I used multi-tones I'd still be looking at the screen , just what I'm used to. + A Bouncy - 95 ----20,34,etc Is usually iron.
but worth checking out if the "Beep is Right'' Foil , Can scrap , Small Gold 7-20 VDI 21-40 VDI is usually a Pull Tab but still could be Gold or Small Brass & may be worth digging . Lead -55-63 (I don't get 69 cal minnies here ) assums mid 60's + on them . & I'm gonna did all 70 + solid signals (as long as their foot print is not that large).

That said I could use Pro-Options but as of now I don't want to change , how I Know the Machine Reacts.
Also usually if I hit a Rock Or Sapling with the Coil Ill Get A beep , this has happen with 4 diff, whites machines I have used.
Bad loop 's ??? Maybe

Be advised I'd DEF Not saying multi tones are bad , It just not what I'm 10+ years Used To.
Davers

Last edited:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock coil for the All Pro is the 10 DD :) And the soil here is 75 plus . Annnnd I ordered a brand new All Pro today !!!! Oh ! I read the large PM Thanks ! it was a great read full of knowledge :)

So Zip Zip how are you getting on with your new machine, Good I hope, and what coils have you go for it?

J.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I USED A RADIO SHACK 52.00 DETECTOR AND FOUND A 1800.00 MOTORCYCLE PLATE AND SOLD IT FOR THAT PRICE . I HAVE THE MXT PRO AND IM STILL LEARNING.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yo Zip Zip, Howz it goin mate, not heard from you in a while, any news of your progress with your new All Pro ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread