MX Sport Trouble

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, we should have an announcement soon. Thank you for your patience.

Yeah and we have heard that many times already, but if this is the case why not post it on the other forums

Last edited:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to say thanks to everybody who posted about the problems. We are just getting into metal detecting, and have been doing lots of research and reading forums to help decide which detector to start with.

I was sold on the MX Sport. All the promised features and waterproof...all I need. But now I see the posts of the problems which makes me question my decision. Then the lack of real responses from White's was confusing. I was checking out the White's web site daily. They could post a funny video about announcing the price early, making someone do pushups on a desk, but they couldn't post anything addressing the problems with their newest detector? They obviously were not considering the potential new buyers that might be seeing all the bad press. I can deal with a company that has an ordinary product and great customer service, but not a company that promises a great product and does not seem to care about making things right quickly. Promises of fixes for weeks on end with no real results are just empty promises. I still think the MX Sport could be a GREAT machine, but as a newbie, how am I going to be comfortable with a decision to spend that kind of money if I don't feel I can really trust the machine to perform as advertised? As a newbie, I probably would not be able to tell the machine was not performing 100%, and White's shouldn't plan on sales to newbies like that. I'll admit....I REALLY WANT ONE....but how can I trust I won't get a defective model and have to go through all the return problems, having a bad experience with my first detector, then losing interest in the hobby...never buying another detector again? Maybe if people that have properly working MX Sports could post about how their units are doing so well, singing the praises of a great new machine, it might help save White's so much trouble and sales loss. Maybe even a serious video from White's explaining the real problems and exactly what they are doing to fix it instead of the funny videos about the price would help. I was so convinced that this was the machine for my family to start with, but all these problems show up, without a serious fast effort from White's, that now I feel like being betrayed by a trusted friend. I feel that if White's is serious about this problem and getting future sales from people like myself, they should address this problem publicly and set the record straight instead of the silence which makes everyone just believe the posts of problems and never trusting White's again. Enough venting though. We will be ordering our first detector this week, I wish it was going to be an MX Sport, but we will have to see if anything good happens about the MX Sport problems first. If not, there is plenty of competition.

Keeping my fingers crossed....wishing for some good news.....

Due to the Wreckless way this has been handled and the success rate of the last three software update you would better off by buying either the MXT All Pro or if you need a water machine then choose one of Whites other waterproof machines, Or even think about the AT Pro, this has been going on for nearly 5 months now. But you need to avoid this machine like the Plague for at least another 6 months, Because you will not get any solid Answers from Whites,

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Due to the Wreckless way this has been handled and the success rate of the last three software update you would better off by buying either the MXT All Pro or if you need a water machine then choose one of Whites other waterproof machines, Or even think about the AT Pro, this has been going on for nearly 5 months now. But you need to avoid this machine like the Plague for at least another 6 months, Because you will not get any solid Answers from Whites,

Screen grabbed!:skullflag:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post removed for violating rules. As already stated, we do not allow links to or discussions that take place on other forums.

Address all issues based on what happens here..

Signature Line .... Trump 2016!

So why not remove Just The LINK Surely that would be the correct SOP, Because you have destroyed a lot of Needed information, That would protect a lot of members here getting hurt,

I agree with you 100% about the Link and I apologize for that, It won't happen again, but I did not realize that links were not allowed, So again I apologize.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter - I just want to MAGA and MDGA

With the direction of travel I feel it will not happen unless there is an aburpt change but your initials should be reading MWGA. W=whites

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why not remove Just The LINK Surely that would be the correct SOP, Because you have destroyed a lot of Needed information, That would protect a lot of members here getting hurt,

I agree with you 100% about the Link and I apologize for that, It won't happen again, but I did not realize that links were not allowed, So again I apologize.

I had already stated in previous posts including in this thread we do not allow cut and pasting discussions from other forums to TreasureNet. Just as we do not allow the attacking of other forums or their mods we have a long time standing rule about posting links to other forums as well as the naming or discussing other forums. There is a difference between discussing a vendor issue and bashing a supporting vendor......

As per our rules if members have issue with moderation please use PM to discuss it with mod, not in the open forums.....

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Folks, Five months Ago I was the first person to point out that this machine was Not what it was claimed to be by those promoting it, I saw the Faults straight off the bat and I tried to warn people and others did their best at that time to discredit what I said, And every thing I said about this Machine has been proven to be 100% TRUE, needless to say how that went Due to all the personal stuff that followed, I have seen promise after promise come and Go, I have been told that "We have an announcement coming soon" So many times that it is not funny anymore, And this has been going on for Over 4 months Now,

This Machine Has had 3 Software updates and now the Screen has cracking problems,

One of the issues was in the pin point mode, where it would only pin point to 5 or 6 inches, So then they told us "we have fixed the Pin Point mode, It Now Air Tests to a Full 12 inches ( using a US Quarter ),

Now this is all very fine "BUT" The Pin Point mode is the most powerful mode on a Detector, So I Air tested my MXT All Pro In the Pin Point Mode using the 10" DD coil and it will Pick up the Quarter up to about 19 inches Before the Signal vanishes, So If the Pin Point mode is the most powerful mode how on earth is the MX-Sport going to find anything any deeper When in it's most powerful mode it can only manage 12 inches in the Air Un obstructed by the ground, ?? The latest Software update has A Defect, and that is when you Adjust the Gain it also Adjust the depth of the Pin Point Mode restricting it's depth hugely.

I would Urge People to Return their machine to the place of purchase and get a Full Refund, Because this machines problems are Not going to be Resolved in the Near future, And if you still have interest in this machine In 6 months time or what ever then I would consider looking at it then If and When the Problem are Resolved, But at present that Fix is along way from Home, and if you need a water machine then Whites has some already well proven machines in their catalogue or another well proven machine is the Garrett AT series. But to those who are thinking about buying this machine save your self a lot of problems and Avoid buying the model in question,

I have tried to Get the company to just come clean about the problems with this machine, But there is a Complete Denial and Admit NOTHING Policy in place right from Day ONE. They Will Not post the Truth on Any Forums, They have still been selling Defective machines, Where this is Totally Wrong is that a Person should not have to Buy a new Broken Machine and then have to send it in to get it repaired, It has been going on for over 4 months now and still the end is not in Sight, The broken promises and the wild claims are a long way from reality, And Videos made by a certain Quarter do not reflect the truth about this machine. If people had listened to me back in February this could have been avoided, Many folks here do not know how some of those functions on the machine are supposed to work and there for many younger or less experienced people who will not see the faults until it is too late, They need to cease production and withdraw it from sales until they find the Answer, Only then can people buy with confidence,

They keep posting tails about finds etc, But even a $200 K-***t detector will do that so these claims are irrelevant, Many People here have posted saying what a great machine it is BUT within Weeks 99% of them are having troubles and have now are having to keep returning their machines for the next version of software that does not work,

The internet is full of complaints about this machine, and the only successes that are being posted by those who work for a certain company in the North West USA. Or Dealers or people with a vested interest.

There is NO Point in Asking Dealers if there their stock has all the relevant updates because we were told that machines made after 3/24/16 would have all the updated fitted, but even last month Dealers were still selling Defective machines Through NO FAULT of their Own because the correct info was not Available to them, and it is Still not Available at Present, Some dealer have sold some of these machines knowing of the problems, Other more respected dealers have took it upon them selves not to Sell or Stock this machine, Other Dealers are Duelling with the company trying to get them to react in a positive Light,

I do not dislike the company and I do not bare a grudge with them, In the Past year alone I have spent over $7 to 8000 dollars of my personal money on their products and I have bought 5 of their coils in the past Month alone, and I Only Use This companies Machines and Accessories, But for me to go out on a Limb like this with them is because This is Just Not Right and as a Dedicated user of their Products I find it Totally Embarrassing ,

I hope this post is within the Guide lines of the Forum.

Last edited:

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen that this Product Is Now Listed as Being out of Stock, So hopefully this will give them time to work on the Fix instead of trying to do both, which is never easy,

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Called Whites today, said they were just days away from having the problem solved. They could send me another out then or they would refund my money. Im leaning toward the refund and putting it toward a used CTX. Seems to me if they do actually solve the problem in the next few days it will take six months to a year to know for sure.

A few of my buddies have CTX's and some of them leak or have to be taped so they don't leak.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will take at least a week to ship the detector back and get the refund. I can tell you they are paying all the shipping cost so far and I will call Monday and ask about the fee. 20% would be unacceptable.

What was your final results? Was your refund the full amount of purchase or did they take the 20% as posted on their web site? Please let us know.

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shipped the detector back on the 26th , I figure about a week they should have it , then another week to get a check. I haven't had time to call them, been busy trying to learn my new slightly used CTX 3030. As soon as I find out I will post if it was the full amount.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have been a White's guy for a lot of years, first one was back in the 70s ...
Anyway as you can see in my info I still have Whites and I want to say they have been trouble free and excellent machines.

It pains me to see what has happened with the MXS.... But one thing I can assure all of you with is that White's customer service is the gold standard of customer care... They will make it right.

While I know that is of little comfort when it comes to the expectations and waiting for the solution rest assured White's will fix the problems.
The MXS is going to be a fine machine once the bugs are worked out.

I am fortunate in that I live in Oregon and only a couple hours away from their Sweet Home factory. I have been there many times over the years and it has always been a positive experience. They have a great little museum there as well and you can get your hands on all the models they make too.

Anyway I know it's hard to wait sometimes but hang in there,,,, White's will get it all taken care of.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It will take at least a week to ship the detector back and get the refund. I can tell you they are paying all the shipping cost so far and I will call Monday and ask about the fee. 20% would be unacceptable.

Please show me where white"s made that statement about a 20% fee.
I do not believe this to be the case with defective equipment refunds.
If it is just a refund because you do not want the machine and there are no issues with the machine then it is a possibility.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please show me where white"s made that statement about a 20% fee.
I do not believe this to be the case with defective equipment refunds.
If it is just a refund because you do not want the machine and there are no issues with the machine then it is a possibility.

go to the Whites web site and look under returns.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OK... saw that... and there is a difference between returns and warranty returns.

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said before , Whites customer service has been good to work with. They have paid shipping twice and sent a replacement MXS before they got my original one back. My understanding was it would be a full refund but the check has not yet arrived. When and if it does I will let everyone know. If it does not arrive I will let everyone know that to.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got mine the other day, yes I am a reckless risk taker.

Machine a bit heavy but nicely balanced, screen looks great. Haven't had time to test it much, am taking it to the beach this weekend to see if it leaks. Coil cord is ridiculously long, probably by about a foot. Am hoping for the best, if it doesn't leak or crack I'll be happy.

Attachments

• IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 104

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it goes well for you Xraywolf - Looks good ;)

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a little testing am slightly concerned.

Did a test with a nickel on the ground, started to fade rapidly at about 5 inches and lost it all together at 7, not what I was expecting for a nickel on the open ground. Recovery time between sweeps also seemed off, with the coil an inch about the nickel sometimes it would sound, sometimes not. Settings were on coin mode, no threshold [I find the background hum annoying] and sensitivity 8 to 9 to full. Going to try prowling Whites forum and see if I can find if I can optimize a bit better, if this thing won't detect a nickel at 7 inches it is in the Ace 250 class, only $500 more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread