MX Sport Trouble

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said before , Whites customer service has been good to work with. They have paid shipping twice and sent a replacement MXS before they got my original one back. My understanding was it would be a full refund but the check has not yet arrived. When and if it does I will let everyone know. If it does not arrive I will let everyone know that to.

10pan, what was the outcome on your refund??

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not received a check

OP
OP

10pan

Nov 21, 2007
North GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer, GP Ext. , CTX 3030, Whites Spectrum XLT, DFX , Discovery TF 900, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my refund back from Whites today for the MX sport and waterproof headphones and it was for the full amount.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got mine the other day, yes I am a reckless risk taker.

Machine a bit heavy but nicely balanced, screen looks great. Haven't had time to test it much, am taking it to the beach this weekend to see if it leaks. Coil cord is ridiculously long, probably by about a foot. Am hoping for the best, if it doesn't leak or crack I'll be happy.

Ok here I am 3 weeks later.
Took it out on the ground and found some relics, I like the screen, swings nice I was cautiously optimistic.
Since then it has just hung in my garage. Took it to the beach today for its baptism in water. Managed to find this junk chain and cross, first and very likely last water find with this machine. Took it out to where it was submerged down about 5" past the control box, was fine for a while then it started falsing like crazy. I put it horizontal to see if it would sound in the air, whereupon it went into overload mode and stayed.
Turned it off, now it won't turn back on. Noticed the infamous screen crack at precisely the same location others have posted.

Will not turn on but it making a strange electronic gurgling sound, and water is still seeping from the box hours later. I assume it is in its death throes, water got in after only 10 minutes in the water.
Needless to say I am highly disappointed and will be asking for a refund. This was bought from big boys toys and they specifically said all there Sports are updated, with the screen/software fix ect. Am anticipating a runaround, will update when able.
Luckily brought along my AT Pro too, found this nice 14k toe ring.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 110

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be sending it to Whites.

At this point, I'd greatly prefer a refund. I think this machine is not ready for prime time, and have very little confidence the replacement will fair any better.
Hunting in the water is winding down here in MI, before all this gets into motion and I get a machine, will likely be too cold to detect in the water and I'll be in limbo for half a year.

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I wait at least a year before buying a new model. I give them time to work out all the bugs. :)

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will be sending it to Whites.

At this point, I'd greatly prefer a refund. I think this machine is not ready for prime time, and have very little confidence the replacement will fair any better.
Hunting in the water is winding down here in MI, before all this gets into motion and I get a machine, will likely be too cold to detect in the water and I'll be in limbo for half a year.

Update, ended up getting a complete refund from Whites, am sorry it didn't work out and props to their service.

About the machine, didn't have it long enough to develop an opinion. Nicely balanced and a nice screen. Obviously, a machine advertised as waterproof should not fry out 10 minutes into its first dunking, could be I had a dud or could be a design/materials defect. I know some guys are skittish about taking hybrid water machines in the water, not me.
Couldn't do it soon enough and that was one of the main selling points to me, as I am in the water more and more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread