MX Sport Today's Finds!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...it's cold...I mean cold...really cold. I've had some time off so I wanted to get out and do a little metal detecting. How cold was it...it was so cold that my hands were freezing inside my gloves, the grass crunched when I stepped on it, the trees were huddling together for warmth, tears formed icicles on my cheeks, and...if the wind blew any harder my nose would have fallen off (Just kidding of course, probably just the tip). Anyway, I went to this really large park and hiked to the most remote section. There I found absolutely no reason to think that anybody had ever spent time there...with the exception of...5-6 huge trees. Large trees can indicate earlier settlements so I worked around them as best I could "shivering all the way!"

I heard several good targets but didn't even bother to dig them. For that few minutes it was silver or nothing. Finally I got a quarter tone at about 5 inches. Okay, I'll dig! Turned out to be a clad...?...but...it was a 1966...clad, and it was burnt orange. Now that's a good sign, a quarter of any year means that not too many people have run metal detectors around those trees, the color and depth is a good indication of the time in the ground, and 1966 is a near miss; I'll take it! I'm now convinced; "there's silver round them thar trees!"

I let you know, H Digs!

Attachments

• IMG_1767.PNG
    IMG_1767.PNG
    172.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always think there's silver everywhere. It's up to me to find it. It was probably missed by someone not doing it the right way. You'd be surprised how much silver still comes from hunted out areas. You just have to have the patience to find and dig it

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Work those trees, those are always great places! Remember keep the coil low and swing it slow! :icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I really like my updated MX Sport,it's deep,sensitive and it's all around versatility make it the best vlf detector I've owned.

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread