fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it have a backlight on it? Im not sure if you have the pro or not. If you have the backlight turn it off and see if that makes a difference.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been a series of small complaints about that particular unit. You might conciser moving to another Brand in that same price range.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very irritating, with and without headphones, inside and outside. Any ideas?

Call White's Electronics in Sweet Home, OR (541)367-6121 and ask for customer service. Mary will answer and take care of any problem you have!

OP
OP
M

mcl

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Threshold on?

This ended up being the answer, I think. I played around and found a random setting that I could change but there was no indication on the screen as to what I was changing. Don't have it in front of me but it wasn't sensitivity or volume and I think maybe it ranged from 0 - 20. If I have it set to literally anything other than 0 it produces the constant whine.

The thing is I couldn't seem to figure out based on the manual what threshold even is or does, all I know is the detector is almost unusable if it isn't at 0.

Also, maybe I'm just used to a less sensitive detector (coming from bounty hunter tracker iv), but I can't set it to much more than like 4/8 sensitivity or it beeps in midair.

I find that beach mode is the only tolerable setting, even though I don't live anywhere near the beach and never had a problem before with hot rocks or weird soil. Coin mode is not... Trustworthy.

Finally it seems to think most hits are a "silver dollar" for some reason, so I pretty much have to ignore the discrimination.

All in all I have to say I'm quite disappointed and spend most of my time fighting with the detector trying to get it to behave and very little time actually swinging it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread