devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was wondering if anyone here happens to use the Detech 13' Ultimate search coil on the MXT? I am going back and forth on trying to decide on a larger search coil for my MXT for larger deeper relics. I am considering either the Whites Max. 15' coil or the Detech 13'. I have the 10' DD coil and the 4x6 Shooter coil already. The 10' DD coil is a pretty deep reading coil. I'm just not sure if there would be enough difference in depth between the 10' DD coil and the 13' Ultimate coil. Any help in this area would be most appreciated. Thanks Kevin

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the ultimate13 and it's pretty much the same depth as the D2 coil (white's 10"DD coil) but it does hit better on those 10"+ coins setting on edge, I usually try to run at +2 gain for max depth. HH

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one too and love how great it is...

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lighter, deeper, better coverage.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How deep are you pulling dimes with the ultimate13 coil? Just wondering compared to my D2 coil. HH
Lighter, deeper, better coverage.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all the replies concerning the Ultimate coil.

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my d2 coil after I bought my ultimate 13. The U13 is considerably deeper in the soils I hunt and my machine runs more stable. The coverage when it comes to big open spaces is just phenomenal, you can actually walk and swing and not miss anything.Yesterday I dug a copper pendant at 11 inches with the 13, there is no way my d2 coil would give a high tone on that target. No way!
I always considered upgrading from my MXT All Pro , with the U13 I can see and identify deep targets just as good as most high end defectors.
Now if I do buy another high end detector it will just be an addition instead of a replacement for my MXT.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the reply Chris. Continued success with the new Ultimate 13' searc coil. Sounds like it is working great for you.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can pull dimes at 10"+ all day with the D2 coil with some being at a full 12" before, can't do any better with the ultimate13 but like I said it does hit just enough better on those deep ones sitting on edge to make you dig. It does cover more ground per swing than the D2 being it's 3 inches bigger, and ones soil shouldn't have anything to do with the 13" coil being deeper as there both DD style coils and actually the smaller of the two should do better since it see's less ground when there's hot soil. HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I bought the ultimate13 coil hoping for a little more depth over my D2 coil, detecting in old parks where all the old silver is always 10"+ and while it's just as deep I'm not seeing any more depth but it does seem to hit those on edge deep coins a little better and separates good for a big coil while covering more ground in open area's. A little more depth would have been nice though even an inch or so would mean more coins from my parks area's. HH

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THROW THE 8x6 ON THAT BAD BOY AND TEAR THE GROUND UP > I HAVE USED IT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND ITS PERFECT.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the old parks around here the 8x6 coil isn't going to be deep enough to get any silver that's left, most people don't even detect these parks as you need a great detector paired with the right coil to get deep enough to get the old left over silver. When I go to these places I'm using the D2 or ultimate13 coil and running at +2 gain, I only dig the deep whisper targets so I'm not wasting time digging clad or modern junk. Once your well tuned with the MXT you won't dig much junk going by sound alone and when you get targets that are 10"+ deep it's best to go by sound as even silver dimes come in as low as 40's VDI, but that silver just sings to you once your at one with the MXT. HH
THROW THE 8x6 ON THAT BAD BOY AND TEAR THE GROUND UP > I HAVE USED IT FOR A FEW YEARS NOW AND ITS PERFECT.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the stock 950 coil and the 6"x10" Eclipse DD, how much will the 13" UltimateDD improve my park/dry sand beach experience?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably the depth will be a lot with the separation the DD has over the 950 and the 6x10DD won't be close in depth, not sure how well it will do at the beach but in the park you'll be digging deeper targets that you didn't pick up before. HH
I have the stock 950 coil and the 6"x10" Eclipse DD, how much will the 13" UltimateDD improve my park/dry sand beach experience?

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bumping this back to top as I'm looking to bring my MXT up to speed as I want to get back to dry land detecting now that I've figured out when I like to beach detect and when I don't.

U13 is the way to go? Or should I consider a different coil to all to my collection?

And when do I choose when to use a coil? When do I use the 6"x10"DD vs the stock 950? Or a new coil if I decide to purchase one? Haven't been using my MXT much lateley as I've been beach hunting with my SandShark, but I'm ready to hit the park where I was cherry picking quarters again and get back into it.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when do I choose when to use a coil? When do I use the 6"x10"DD vs the stock 950? Or a new coil if I decide to purchase one? Haven't been using my MXT much lateley as I've been beach hunting with my SandShark, but I'm ready to hit the park where I was cherry picking quarters again and get back into it.
Give this a read.. should help a bit with which coil when
Truth About Search Coils

Last edited:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do, thanks.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the ultimate 13 coil on my V3i and frankly the target masking by the coil is terrible. ..if you are hunting wide open fields then maybe it would be good, but trashy parks and yards are no bueno

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread