White's TreasurePro Review/

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the $300-$400 price range I believe the Treasure Pro is the best detector made. At 8 kHz it should be a real coin magnet.

Whites TREASUREpro Highlights:

10" DD Water Proof Search Coil
16 Segment Discrimination
5 Search Modes
8 Audio Tones
8 Target ID Segments
Back Lite Display Screen
Adjustable Arm Rest
Adjustable Discrimination
Adjustable Threshold Volume
All-Metal Operation
Automatic Ground Balance with AutoTrac®
Beach Mode
Big Bold VDI numbers
Complete Versatility
Full Two-year Warranty
Lightweight Pinpoint Mode
Audio Threshold
Turn-on-and-go
Simplicity Volume Control
Weather Resistant

There are a lot of high end White's features in this machine!
JMHO :)
Tt

Last edited:

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently got a TreasurePro. It's my first detector, so I'm not an expert by any means, but it's doing well for me.

I've experimented with it at the beach mostly, and it does fine on dry sand. The beach mode didn't seem to help in the wet (salt) sand though. In a park it did very well. I'm still learning the tones and discrimination, but I've been pulling a decent amount of coins and junk jewelry. Lots of pulltabs, too.

The machine has really good depth. I'm hitting tabs, pennies, and tiny pieces of metal at 9". Our 'soil' here is mostly made of sand, even away from a beach, so that may have something to do with it, but there are times where I'm thinking 'it can't be this far down'. And yet, it is.

The pinpointing is good, and seems accurate. The screen is very nice and easy to read, and I especially like the backlighting. It's very lightweight, and nicely balanced. I've gone 6 hours with it with little to no fatigue. The fact that it takes just 2 AA batteries is great.

In my limited experience, I think it's a very good machine. From everything I've read, I think it's as good as or better then the AT Pro, and it's less costly.

OP
OP
S

seabee89

Jan 7, 2015
Pike County Indiana
Detector(s) used
The old Radio Shack Special...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! This appears to be the machine I'll be getting so I can retire the old Radio Shack thing I've had for years.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any more users of this device on here? This is in my list of lookers as the display looks to be really nice.
I have been researching a new unit and at this price point, it is a close battle between this and a F44.
Chime in if you have used one or both and can offer up your opinion of using it. Thanks!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google up the owners manual for each of these machines and compare features. There're both nice machines but the electronics are quit different. Let us know what you buy! Tt

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
i have 4 detectors...took the treasure pro too the park this evening and i have to say it is soooo easy to use and discriminates trash well.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! Side by each they both look good. I was liking the MX sport but not sure I need to spend that much as I will not be going under water with the unit.
The more I look around, the worse it gets as I take a few out of the list but then add more in. AHHHHHHH!!!!

Got a couple of royal rumbles going on... these are my main choices. Appreciate the input and will keep the fight going. 10 rounds each and hope for a winner!
Battle 1 - Whites Treasure Pro vs Fisher F44
Battle 2 - Tek T2 vs Fisher F75

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems you are looking across a wide price range. Generally speaking the more you spend, the better the detector. If your willing to spend the money I think you should take another look at the MX Sport. The MX Sport is a great multipurpose metal detector in a waterproof housing. It's NOT a water hunting detector that can be also be used on land. Keep in mind the type of hunting you'll be doing. Coin and Jewelry, Prospecting, Relic, Trashy Parks, Fresh / Salt Water Beach. Consider how the detector is programmable to discriminate trash, reject iron, separate targets, ground balances, ease of programming interface, and sensitivity to deep targets.

The White's MX Sport just might be the right detector for you. Tt

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MX Sport only came into contention when I came across a used unit. A brand new one was more than I wanted to spend.
Battle 1 are about the same price and Battle 2 are pretty close with one being 100 more. I wanted to keep the unit around 500 or so.

KJP462

Jun 22, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport,
White's MX5,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in the market for my first detector last spring. I too was considering the TreasurePro model. I went to a local dealer who has been detecting (using exclusively White's detectors) for 30+ years. He recommended the MX5 over the TreasurePro. He did, however, say that both are great machines. He told me "If your budget allows, the MX5 is a more powerful machine than the TreasurePro, but both will serve you well". I opted for the MX5 and it has served me well so far.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks KJP. How has it done in the last year? Any good finds?

KJP462

Jun 22, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport,
White's MX5,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being that it is my first machine and I'm still learning the ropes, I really like it. I feel that it is a simple machine to use and learn which was a plus for me. Battery life is very good as well. I haven't found anything crazy yet, but I've found several coins that were over 6" deep. And to be fair, I haven't been out as much as I would like to. I have read on other forums that people are quite pleased with how deep the MX5 will read hits. Another cool feature is that it is capable of using some of White's higher end coils. I am not sure whether or not the TreasurePro can do this or not. Still waiting to find that first silver coin! Hopefully I find one soon....HH

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second the motion to consider the MX5.

It is a great machine and it is right at the top end of your budget. Whites has called the machine a "hotrod in disguise" and I believe they're right. It probably wouldn't be my first choice if I mostly hunted relics, but for coins & jewelry the MX5 is tough to beat.

It is a threshold machine - meaning you want to run it with a bit of noise in the background. It is possible to run it silent, but you'll lose some depth. The threshold noise helps you hear the different objects in the ground.

Positives with the MX5:

Lightweight and very easy to swing for hours.
Very good battery life
Very sensitive
Deep - with the right conditions it will go 12 inches on quarters.
Auto ground balance
Easy to use and learn
Whites has great customer service
Has a good variety of coils available
Weather resistant (I take this to mean it can survive use in light rain)

Negatives with the MX5:

Can't lock the ground balance (not an issue with me)
Some might find it too noisy for their tastes (it can run silent, but you lose depth)(I prefer threshold noise, but others don't)
Some complain about the location of the headphone jack (hasn't been an issue for me)
Block notch for discrimination (I prefer the ability to notch out individual VDI numbers)

I absolutely love the MX5. In fact I like it so much that I probably wouldn't have bought a V3i if I had owned the MX5 prior to owning the V3i. I doubt that I would've seen the need for a V3i (if I owned the MX5 prior). Don't get me wrong though; the V3i is still the best machine I've ever used, but the MX5 most definitely takes time away from the V3i. I'll never sell either machine.

If you're more into relic hunting, the T2 is likely the machine for you (in your budget). Were it me, and I mostly hunted relics, I'd also consider the MX Sport, the MX pro, and the Tesoro Tejon (used MX Sport, and MX Pro - to stay on budget).

If coins/jewelry is your thing, the MX5 will be tough to beat. Were it me, I'd also look at the Whites M6, the MX Sport, the MX Pro, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, F75, F70. For some of those suggestions I'd look at used machines (staying within your budget).

I think the key thing to take from all the advice is that any suggestions are based upon our experiences and our bias. You'll have to decide which machine is best for you; sometimes what works for me, won't work for you. I'd recommend that you try swinging different machines (dealer/club/friend) to see which machine trips your trigger.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tahts-a-dats-ago & KJP!

As I do know what I like you may not and vice versa but do appreciate any input on the devices. Looking at videos gives me a rough idea and holding it at the store helps reinforce the likes and dislikes but when someone who uses it and has used others offers up some input, that is just as valuable to me as the watching and holding. Like all the info T-a-d-a put up lets me view the units I am looking at with a more comparative view as some of the ones mention I have looked at and dismissed but they did have qualities that were appealing.

With coins and jewelry being the items I would start swinging for I would look for a unit that would be great for those and possible be good/ok in other areas. I don't plan on going under water but something that can get wet is appealing. The beach is not a factor as I don't like the beach so I don't really need a salt feature either.

A big factor to me is the display as I can't read the really small things on the screen without reading glasses and I didn't want to wear/carry them so I could put them on to read the screen. Don't need them for anything but small print/items.

Once again, I want to thank you for your input as I have a few more to look at when I go to the store and check out.
I am checking the used items as well to see if I can find my gem. Wish me luck!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I ended up going for the Treasure Pro. I really like the light feel and the display rocks!
It has so many features on it. Got a nice pointer and some other goodies with it. Pretty sweet deal.

After going and comparing the F75 & T2, the T Pro was way above because of the weight, feel, display and features. The others had cumbersome displays and at the end of it, I decided T Pro for me.

Nice thing is I have a friend who always has interest in the hobbies I do and usually starts them later and buys my starter as I move on to the next one. Happened with my mountain bike, my golf clubs and a couple other items. It works out great as I can show him the ropes so to say and we all end up happy.

Thanks for your help with my question on all the devices. Looking forward to my new toy! Happy hunting everyone!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've made an outstanding choice. White's machines are designed and engineered to create a signal then process it to give good separation of trash from the treasure. You won't be disappointed! If you have questions you already know where to find the answers. Welcome newest White's Treasure / Junk ee! Congratulations on your purchase. Tt

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have made an outstanding choice. White's machines a engineered to create a signal and process it to give good separation of the trash from the treasure. You won't be disappointed! If you have questions you know where to go! Welcome newest White's Treasure / Junk ees! Tt

Thanks TT! You were a big help and answered a bunch of questions for me. I am excited and when comparing to the others I was looking at, this one stands out like something from the future. I do have a funny feeling this will be my stepping stone to the MX Sport. I probably could have just got that one but I got a ton of other goodies to totally set up me and my son up for detecting. Got some really nice diggers, pin pointers, belts and pouches and other goodies so we will learn and enjoy this year and look forward to exploring together!
White's :headbang:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.s. I love your avatar!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! You got a pretty cool one as well. I think we may be from the same generation, watching the funny guys on the tv when we were little.
Yabba Dabba Doo!
:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions