V3i Elementary Silver

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
4.4 Grams.

1488786264231.jpg

Stopped at a neighborhood elementary school for one hour Sunday. Drive by it all the time. Why not, nobody is there.

Clad fest! Swinging pretty fast trying to snag all the quarters I can before I had to meet up with another detectorist I've never met, a newer V3i user, for a relic hunt I was hosting. Slammed into this ring 2" deep off the corner of the courtyard 5 minutes before time expired.

Got my fix....went relic hunting fr 4 hours and found an ornate broken spoon handle for the highlight.

Facepalm!

More importantly, I found someone elses ear to talk off about metal detecting other than my wife's. She'll be so relieved! :laughing7:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! I've got to spend more time at the schools. Glad you found a new V3i buddy. :) Sounds like you had a great day. Congratulations on a really nice silver ring! Tt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks.

I hunt alone 99.5% of of the time, and I am not big into relics, so I was actually enjoying the company more than the hunt. I probably chattered more than our machines did when we got too close. He was a good guy. Pleasure to meet him and hopefully we'll go beepin' again next weekend.

I normally don't hunt schools and I focus on high schools when I do, but compared to a beaten trashy park this school was a smorgasboard of coin and junk jewelry signals...and very light on the trash signals. It will take one detectorist at least 30 hours to clear this school of the bulk of valuables.

In hindsight, maybe that is where I should have taken my guest for the fast and furious action.

Actually, maybe I'll start hunting them regularly on weekends and evenings. The closest park near my house has been severly exhausted over the years and this place was like starting all over again. Still a lot of fun.

Good hunting at those schools if you go!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always exciting to find new places to hunt. I too hunt evenings close to home and find it fun. I recently hunted a sand volleyball court and found a nice bracelet. Since then I've hit quite a few sand courts and found some good stuff. There probably only good for one or two hunts per year but; hey why not? Always enjoy your posts. Tt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread