Question on DFX coils

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The standard coil is used most as many feel one coil is enough. It's not however if you are serious about "finding it all." If you can only afford one extra coil, get the smallest for sniping coins, etc in high trash areas.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I hear that the 4x6 eclipse is a good coil for the trashy areas to help seperate.

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I was happy with my DFX and the stock coil......until I bought a 4x6 eclipse coil and tried it. I know luck is the biggest factor but besides a bunch of newer clad coins I found a nice 10K high school ring. The band had been cut and it was missing the stone so I was ready for scrapping. I was pretty shocked when I found it. I also mailed in the White's 200.00 off coupon that came with the DFX when I bought it. I got the Super 12 coil for 50 bucks. Tried the Super 12 in my yard and found 2 memorial pennies where I had search with the stock coil before. The 4x6 eclipse is a good worker in a high trash area. Hope this might help you some.

JRich

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 4X6 is far superior in HEAVY trash than any other option IMHO. I use it a lot in several trashy parks in my area. The difference between it and the standard 9.5 is like night and day. Surprisingly, the 8X10 works better than the 9.5 in trash as well. I wouldn't have thought so, but have used it enough to become convinced. I guess the detection pattern is narrow enough to slip by some of the trash. Its sort of become my standard except for really heavy junk.
HH
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread