Just ordered a new coil for my DFX

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ordered a new White's 6X10 coil for my DFX. I have read here they work really well with the DFX I plan to use it mostly in and around old cellar holes. Will this coil change depth readings or change discrimination readings at all from say the 950 coil? Can't wait to give it a try!! 8-)

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new coil. You're going to really like it. Whites makes awesome coils. I have the White's XLT and for that machine the 6X10 coil settings are essentially the same. Let us know how it works for you! WTG! Tt

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XLT is a great detector I have one as well I got the DFX to replace it... wife will be using the XLT this summer

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6x10 will be spot on.. rarely comes off the DFX.. just wish it was lighter in weight .. about the same as the 950..

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't find the 950 to bad on weight the 4X6 I have feels like a feather... I did find the 10" 300 coil that came on the detector a bit heavy but I ended up shortening the lower shaft by one click to bring the coil in closer to me helped a lot with that...

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a small patch of bare ground out in the yard where snow has melted took the DFX with the 6X10 coil out to make sure it is OK and right away hit a 1970 canadian penny about 5" down

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6x10 is the ticket for parks and areas of moderate trash!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6x10 is the ticket for parks and areas of moderate trash!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It does work real well I have taken to a couple parks already it will get plenty of use this year I already have permissions for some really great sites to go to and I have a couple more leads on historic areas so I hope this will be a good season :icon_thumleft:

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! Good luck with your new coil. Post some finds! Tt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread