noob question

kemilss

Jun 13, 2017
Calgary
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off, this looks like an awesome forum, and I'm happy to meet everyone here!

I am looking at finally buying a professional metal detector, and have pretty much settled on the Whites TDI SL because of the really mineralized areas I want to prospect in B.C.. Also, I love the analog knobs, call me crazy.

My question: I understand that it is not waterproof, but does this mean that the coil cannot be submerged? I am hoping to be able to run it through very shallow creeks. I get that you want to try and keep the control box away from water as best you can.

Anyone shed some light!?

Jerry P

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2016
Farmersburg Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett A/T Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Running the coil under water is fine. Just don't get the unit wet. Good luck and happy hunting.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Canada for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your country.
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Metal Detecting over to Brands > Whites for more exposure :..​

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Coil under water is fine. Box under water is death to the unit.

This applies to most metal detectors manufactured today. Unless the unit was designed to be submerged always keep the control box/batteries dry.

Good prospecting and good luck!

Verno

Jun 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day on this site! I currently have a Garrett ultra 350. It has been a good machine for me, but I would like to upgrade to the whites v3i. Don't know if I'm even in the right place, but could anyone be kind enough to shed some light on the v3i?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going to do any coin shooting as well you might look at the MXT. HH
First off, this looks like an awesome forum, and I'm happy to meet everyone here!

I am looking at finally buying a professional metal detector, and have pretty much settled on the Whites TDI SL because of the really mineralized areas I want to prospect in B.C.. Also, I love the analog knobs, call me crazy.

My question: I understand that it is not waterproof, but does this mean that the coil cannot be submerged? I am hoping to be able to run it through very shallow creeks. I get that you want to try and keep the control box away from water as best you can.

Anyone shed some light!?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is an awesome detector and will get as deep as the V3i or the E-trac for a lot cheaper but the MXT is not a cheap detector, it's a top of the line detector and a coin killer in the right hands. You can get dimes at 10"+ all day long with the right coil, I've got dimes at a full 12" before and detected with others with the V3i and E-trac and it will hit on every coin they do. I had many times that I've came out with more silver than they did, it might drive you crazy at times with the tiny targets like 22 bullets or small shotgun shot. It uses the same coils as the V3i also so if you wanted to switch to a V3i later your coils will work on it but you won't need to upgrade and I like the ability to adjust setting on the fly instead of having to go through a menu to change a setting as I just want to hurry and find the next good target. HH
First day on this site! I currently have a Garrett ultra 350. It has been a good machine for me, but I would like to upgrade to the whites v3i. Don't know if I'm even in the right place, but could anyone be kind enough to shed some light on the v3i?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread