All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing it's a bad coil but the couple I've had go bad would overload with a high gain setting, the first one got worse after a couple hunts and I couldn't even get to the preset level without it overloading. If you were going to keep it I would say send it in to the White's in Oregon and if they can't repair it they usually offer you a new one way cheaper than you can buy a new one anywhere else. HH

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to send the video to Whites and see what they think. The 6x10 coil ID's correctly with twice the depth.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very odd. What's the voltage displayed on those batteries when you turn the machine on? Have you tried rewinding the coil to your machine to see if there is any change? You mentioned it's been put away/unused - Did it work before?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thought about the batteries that coil might take more power than the 6X10DD if it's on the edge of low, I know I change mine when it hits ten volts when first turned on. Couple reasons why is first I notice a loss in depth when it gets under 10 volts and second is it might show 10 volts when first turned on but drop lower real quick after a little power draw. HH
Very odd. What's the voltage displayed on those batteries when you turn the machine on? Have you tried rewinding the coil to your machine to see if there is any change? You mentioned it's been put away/unused - Did it work before?

Last edited:

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thought about the batteries that coil might take more power than the 6X10DD if it's on the edge of low, I know I change mine when it hits ten volts when first turned on. Couple reasons why is first I notice a lose in depth when it gets under 10 volts and second is it might show 10 volts when first turned on but drop lower real quick after a little power draw. HH

Same here. When the voltage displayed on power up is 10 or less, I replace. I've actually tested mine with the D2 coil and there is was no difference between 10, 11, and 12 volt, but as soon as I hit 9 or 8, depth suffers gradually. So rather than waiting for 10 to change to 9, I just replace after I notice 10 volts after a session or two.

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever happened?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread