V3i arrived today - my first impressions!

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my V3i arrived today and these are my first impressions. I own an MXT, for 6 years now, and so I'm familiar with White's detectors, feel, build quality, etc. After assembling the unit, which was a breeze, I picked up the V3i and found it to be well balanced, very solid feeling, and, it seemed to fit my hand like a glove. V3i menu - excellent! Just enough adjustments to impact hunting conditions, and a breeze to navigate. Then, off to my test garden. My first target was a dime at 7". I was surprised at how easily the V3i hit this target, I mean solid hit! A few other coins were in the 7" - 8" range and the V3i had no problem hitting these coins. Headphones are great! Simple connection, no delay, great sound. Another 5 Star Detector from White's.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The V3i is a very good machine, especially for someone who likes tinker with the settings! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
junkhunt

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of an interesting find. Out in the middle of nowhere.

Pocket Watch.jpg Well and V3i.jpg V3i & AT Pro..jpg

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Add a Ultimate 13" coil, then do the Magic program, the iron ticks are wondefull!! Im on Magic Deep 2.0, my version. Its a Hoot!! Just changed to a 6x10 Eclipse DD, got a dirty collage to resweep!!

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Add a Ultimate 13" coil, then do the Magic program, the iron ticks are wondefull!! Im on Magic Deep 2.0, my version. Its a Hoot!! Just changed to a 6x10 Eclipse DD, got a dirty collage to resweep!!
have to totally agree love my 13 and 6 x 10 coils with the V3I

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DETECT 12 X 15 VCOIL IS AWESOME

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I agree with Professor of Engineering.
There are so many settings to play with if you want to. After about 6 months or so it is worth pulling out the instructions again and having another look at what else you can make it do. Just for fun :)
Haha but noting down the changes that were made has saved me from the "reset to factory defaults " moment. :censored:

Also one thing that intrigues me about the V3i is that even in bright sunlight you can see the screen!!! As crisp and clear as ever. I wonder if there is some reflective element in there. Because even if you turn the back light to zero. The screen is perfectly visible in full sunlight.!!! That's cool :) I just wish my smart phone had that clever tech :)

Happy digging :)

Tony (Michigan)

May 17, 2017
Lapeer County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer, E-trac, Muskateer, Tesoro, Deus, White's, Detech, DMC IIb, and others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What is the Magic program? And what is the Magic Deep 2.0? Is there a link to this on the net?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a program from a guy on the White's forum, I've detected with him a few times he had tested the detector before they came out and he does know the V3i for sure. He can get dimes all day at 10"+. His forum name is magic on the White's forum. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread