MX Sport arrives tomorrow !

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been looking at this machine for many months and thanks to a member on here, I was able to attain one. I have read the pdf version of the manual and marathon-watched youtube videos about the MX Sport. Are there any other tips/tricks I should be made aware of about this machine?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine, Where will you be hunting? Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions. The only advice I give is this machine naturally runs hot, so unless you have the right conditions, start with your sensitivity around 6 maybe 7 and see how she runs before trying to crank it up any higher. You will get plenty of depth running at those sensitivities. Running too high in the wrong environment can lead to false signals.

OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as water goes it will be strictly fresh water. I know of a couple canoe rental rivers and the "spill" areas on them. I will finish out this season on land to get more familiar with the MX Sport.
I am looking at getting the Detech 7" coil this winter. Just glad to be back with White's. I swung a T2 SE before this and they are fairly hot as well. I admired the waterproof feature of the AT Pro when it came out but just couldn't get past the small display. Needless to say, I was very excited when White's introduced the MX Sport. I owned a couple of White's machines in the past, a DFX and MXT Pro.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe somebody would get rid of the MXT, the MX sport is not an MXT equal for sure. HH
As far as water goes it will be strictly fresh water. I know of a couple canoe rental rivers and the "spill" areas on them. I will finish out this season on land to get more familiar with the MX Sport.
I am looking at getting the Detech 7" coil this winter. Just glad to be back with White's. I swung a T2 SE before this and they are fairly hot as well. I admired the waterproof feature of the AT Pro when it came out but just couldn't get past the small display. Needless to say, I was very excited when White's introduced the MX Sport. I owned a couple of White's machines in the past, a DFX and MXT Pro.

OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't believe somebody would get rid of the MXT, the MX sport is not an MXT equal for sure. HH

And that MXT Pro was a cherry. I should have kept it. We all have 20/20 hindsight over certain things in our lives. This is one of those for me. The DFX wasn't bad either. I always felt that maybe I didn't have the DFX set up to its potential at different sites I hunted due to it having so many controls. I just didn't take the time that was necessary to learn it, no excuses.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even the MXT as simple as it is takes time to learn what it's telling you, but once you learn it good is very hard to beat. I run in relic mode at +2 gain when EMI permits and can get dimes at 10"+ all day long with a few at a full 12" a few times, this is true depth as well not what is being displayed. HH

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my MXT. That machine is a beast!!

Even the MXT as simple as it is takes time to learn what it's telling you, but once you learn it good is very hard to beat. I run in relic mode at +2 gain when EMI permits and can get dimes at 10"+ all day long with a few at a full 12" a few times, this is true depth as well not what is being displayed. HH

OP
OP
ZR2guy

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At this point, after all of the machines I have used, I will have to get another MXT Pro one day. The MX Sport has found a permanent home with me. Really hard to beat the MXT series machines.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep and I like the metal control box as it really helps being built like a tank when hunting in the thick wooded areas. HH
At this point, after all of the machines I have used, I will have to get another MXT Pro one day. The MX Sport has found a permanent home with me. Really hard to beat the MXT series machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread