Seems New White's detector offering coming called the MX7

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed an add in a Treasure mag. for this MX 7, add said to go to Whites web site for video, went there, no video. On another White's Forum, hard core Whites users seemed very Unimpressed. I am thinking that this New detector may be too little too late, given the new minelab EQ 6 & 800.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was it just me or did he say "weatherproof " in the video?

TnDigger0083

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it just me or did he say "weatherproof " in the video?

Yes, I heard that too.
It seems to me that this new detector is cheaper MX Sport that's likely not fully water proof.
And may or may not have less features. I really hope they release more details.
So far I'm not impressed.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, watched the video, agree with TnDigger, not impressed, he did say "weatherproof", single Freq. 15 KHz, but it IS orange. Just seems to me with the Minelabs EQ 600 coming out at about the same price, the MX 7 may be a non starter, is not the Whites MX Sport about the same thing, only in yellow?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting. Looks to be the model between the MX Sport and the Treasure Pro.
White's does make a nice color screen if you like to look at a display.
Next spring looks to be interesting with some new units coming out... can't wait!

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, I love my MX Sport. I have just never been a big fan of an "S" rod so naturally when I saw this MX7, I was not too impressed. The video shows a chunk of gold being picked up by the MX7 at 14 inches but I am also not a fan of air tests. It looks like an MX5 rod/battery box with the Treasure Pro / Sport display. I understand that from a cost perspective, using existing components is cheaper than completely redesigning and manufacturing new ones but we are seeing straight shafts , multi-frequencies, and bluetooth from the other big players in the market for around the same price range. Too little, too late for White's? The release is perfect timing, not too late. The bang for the buck is way too little though.
It saddens me because I have owned a few White's detectors and while they were a little behind the times as far as aesthetics, they were great at doing what they were built to do; find the good stuff. Obviously, that is the most important factor in choosing a detector. Time will tell8-)

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Till somebody uses one to see what it can do in the field on old deep targets, I don't see it as a little too little or too late. I'll make judgements only on the true performance of the detector. HH

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like the others, I'm not impressed with the new Whites thus far. I'll stick with my Whites MXT ALL PRO. I am mainly a relic hunter and this serves me well in that regard. The MXT ALL PRO is not water proof, but I am a land lover hunter anyway. Like said, there will be a few new units hitting the market soon. It will give us all something to sit back and watch.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Till somebody uses one to see what it can do in the field on old deep targets, I don't see it as a little too little or too late. I'll make judgements only on the true performance of the detector. HH

I am only saying too little based on options that are available on machines in the same price range. I am sure that the MX7 is a good detector and in the right hands can be a great detector, it's a White's after all. I know that the Minelab Equinox topic has been beat to death and I am not a "Minelab guy" (though I have owned a few) but if it performs up to the "hype", there may be an overstock of MX 7, AT Max, etc detectors on dealers shelves. The one thing that White's does better than other companies is support not only their detectors but their customers as well. This should always be considered when purchasing a metal detector.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites- Sweethome Oregon, I had a Girlfriend from there, bought a Hawwg from there, and it is a short ride on the Hawwg to go see the folks that build whites detectors, what a way to spend a day, looking forward to it.
Looks like I will more than likely be a Whites Man from here on out, Because with Detectors, You have the BEST and All the Rest, and That Makes ALL the difference in detecting. Common Sense, which does not seem common any more, is My Super Power.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imo boring detector, single 15 kh garretts already been doing that in a water proof housing . I didnt see the price point ..... Multi freq and wireless detectors are the wave of the future and the companies better get on board. whites has the v3 i wheres that tech in a better housing? Whites and garrett you guys better step it up. just my thoughts after watching new releases for a couple years. Its not waterproof so no reason it shouldnt be wireless.

Last edited:

Lukabrazi

Greenie
Jan 31, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you think this will compare to the MX5? I'm wondering if it's worth selling my MX5 for.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wireless doesn't make it better especially when you don't have as much coil choice. HH

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
If you wanna go deeper, separate better, etc , initial reports indicate better performance and the features set is really nice.
White's discontinued the MX5 when they realized they could make a better detector for the same price. The manual is on White's website. Best wishes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread