Whites V3i

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been pondering the ideal of getting a v3i. I've used Etrac still have one for the past 9 year's. This will be my third Etrac I always sell them before the warranty is up. I've used whites in the past. And I have always had good luck with them. My etrac has been a very good detector with some good finds. I'm looking to try a V3i. I hunt In trashy area's. The d2 coil is pretty good from what I hear. What would a good coil be for hunting In iron and trash. It will take a little time and patience to learn the v3i. But that doesn't deter me from wanting to own one. I know White's Warrenty and service is second to none. I would like to hear from some of you v3i user's. Thanks

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just don't understand why you sell your detectors when the warranty is about to expire. Manufacturer warranties are to cover manufacturing defects, which normally appear in upon the 1st use through a few uses.. If you've used them without an issue for years, they will be good for more years. I have bought a used F75 earlier this season, it was 12 years old and worked fine being that it had been out of warranty for 7 years.

"To each their own".

OP
OP
Junkironkid

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people have better luck than others. I just don't want to take chances. I understand where you're coming from.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a V3I for few year and love it
can be setup to the hunt your on and setting stored
mostly use a 13" coil for open areas and a 6 x 9 or 4 x 6 for junky areas:hello:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Personally I get my Deus out on trashy sites. But the V3 does quite well, to. Probably better if I had a smaller coil! LOL (I use the 10")

It's strong points are really the adjustments - set it up to suit you and the site.
It offers lots of information (discrimination) for park hunters and it's quite deep with the stock coil!

All in all, I recommend it.

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
So I've been pondering the ideal of getting a v3i. I've used Etrac still have one for the past 9 year's. This will be my third Etrac I always sell them before the warranty is up. I've used whites in the past. And I have always had good luck with them. My etrac has been a very good detector with some good finds. I'm looking to try a V3i. I hunt In trashy area's. The d2 coil is pretty good from what I hear. What would a good coil be for hunting In iron and trash. It will take a little time and patience to learn the v3i. But that doesn't deter me from wanting to own one. I know White's Warrenty and service is second to none. I would like to hear from some of you v3i user's. Thanks

I have the original V3 with the "i" upgrade.

It is my favorite detector.

I have the Eclipse Shooter DD coil. It works well. Not as much sensitivity, so I usually run the D2 or the big SEF as I am usually hunting minerals.

For me, best feature of the machine other than excellent sensitivity is the swing graph.

Good luck.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the V3i but haven't had it very long only two months or so there is still lots to learn. The longer I have it the more I like it I'm sure you will be happy with a V3i.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the original V3 with the "i" upgrade.

It is my favorite detector.

I have the Eclipse Shooter DD coil. It works well. Not as much sensitivity, so I usually run the D2 or the big SEF as I am usually hunting minerals.

For me, best feature of the machine other than excellent sensitivity is the swing graph.

Good luck.

Neat! I still have the original V3 without any upgrades, liked it to much...:icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I enjoy using the V3i because of its multitude of user settings; lets me be in control and have the ability to match my search area conditions!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the V3i with the 12x15 coil in high trash or open fields. It takes awhile to figure it out but well worth it. Get going in mix mode stereo as soon as you can it's awesome, but takes getting used to a little.

swamptick

Dec 15, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to have the V3i and it is an excellent machine, it has the ability to see what frequency is the strongest on any given target under the coil. This is a great feature if you don't have much time to hunt and want to dig as many keepers as possible.

Good luck!!!

kickback

Mar 11, 2004
South Dakota
I have a V3i. I have found more gold jewelry with the V3i than any of the other detectors I've used and owned in the last 20 years total.This maybe because I became determined to "learn" this detector. I hunted with the V3i exclusively for a long time. I dug all the signals above iron signals. I payed attention to what I can only call the quality of the sounds I heard in the headphones. Gold a had smooth sound.Did the sound ramp up then abruptly drop off,was it "scratchy'' sounding ie ????? I'm sorry, in my limited ability to describe what I heard in the headphones.I can't convey what gold jewelry really sounds like. I had to dig a lot the foil,pull tab and "junk" signals above the iron range to learn the smooth sound of gold. I'm no expert .It just comes with the experience of recovering lots and lots of targets. I will say I have never found a gold target that IDed in the Iron range. Gold jewelry always had a sound that I would describe as "smooth" sound in my headphones.
I never found over $5600.00 dollars a day of white and yellow gold jewelry.Anyway when I head out to hunt I have the V3i in my hands!!!!!
Bill

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, it's the best machine out there right now. The Equinox may change that, but it still will not give you all the access you're gonna get to settings and the spectrograph, which is very helpful. The ability to run all frequencies at once or individually was the deciding factor to me. The Deus runs only one at a time. The CTX runs them all. V3i offers the best of both worlds. Sometimes it's an advantage to run a single frequency if you want to cherry pick deep silver at 2.5khz or prospect gold at 22.5khz. Other times you may want to run them all in difficult soil or to get better discrimination

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would stick with the e-trac. I have both and the e-trac is a much better coin shooter and not near as complicated

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
The V3i in mixed stereo mode is a great. I have found more with it and weed out junk better with it than my CTX 3030.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread