OK HERE IS THE STORY GOOD OR BAD YES OR NO & Which ONE ???

Astro Nut

Dec 7, 2013
Burson, Ca.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK lets start here. I had detector some time back before I had hip (replaced) and left knee problems for some time and now feel real good at 77 years old. I live in Northern California in the Sierra Nevada foothills out side of Stockton Ca. We have lots of lakes and small streams that in the summertime dry up and quite a few rivers and lots of forest lands with in 50 miles from where we live. MY QUESTION is I have a chance to pick up a 2 1/2 year old either a MXT with extra coils or a V3i with an extra coil. Need opinions on which one to buy and why would I want to choose one over the other. I know the V3i is very advanced over the MXT and very programmable which can get complicated some times. I am not afraid of a challenge but do not want to over load my plate. I am retired and have lots of time. I am looking for feedback and what is the best choice of detectors? Help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bill

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Weight has become a thing for me as i aged ....so i could not swing either of those very capable machines very long.
Just sayin lite weight is better with age .
Gary

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The V3i is a more powerful machine. A little complex and not easy to learn fast however exceptional 3 frequency machine with all the bells and whistles. The MXT easier to learn I believe a little lighter but not as powerful as the V3i

Cost should also be a factor. If the better machine is a steal then go fo it. I had the V3i nice machine but moved in to a CTX 3030 because of the water feature amongs many other things.

Good luck
41EABB1B-CDEE-484A-8C75-62D9D7F8D8F4.jpeg

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will get coins just as deep with the MXT with the right coil, I've detected side by side with the V3i and can tell you the depth is every bit as good. I can get dimes at 10"+ and had had a few at a full 12" before actual depth not what the display says. HH

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the V3i and when I got it hated it, used it intermittently. Now that I have figured it out and set it up I would not trade it for any other detector at this time. I find stuff so deep it is unbelievable. If you get the V then start slow get it set up and then play around with one setting at a time that way if you mess up you only have to reset that one setting. take THE TIME TO VISIT WHITES FORUMS AND YOU'LL BE AMAZED AT THE HELP AND DATA THEY AHVE.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread