1st Hunt with Treasure Pro .. Cool Find

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today has been a great day so far. I went to the Post Office and picked up my Treasure Pro Geared Up Package. I got home and assembled it and took it immediately outside to check it on a 7 inch quarter that I had buried a few days ago. The F70 would not give any kind of ID on this coin and would only hit it in all metal. The Treasure Pro ID'ed the coin and so I was very happy. I took the TP to an area that I have been hunting and hit hard with both the F70 and the Amigo II and the finds were few and far between but got a good 70-71 signal at three inches and decided to dig it. I first thought it was junk or maybe a rabies tag but I couldn't find a year on it. I decided to take it home and try to clean it up a little. It's not in great shape but it is part of an advertising stick pin from the early 1900's. It says Dr. Bells Pine Tar Honey in the center of the bell shape and cures cough on the bottom. I was very happy that on the first day with my new machine that I had found something so cool. It is very nice to be back hunting with a machine that I know and love. I also picked up about $3 in clad.

Attachments

• drbelltoken.jpg
    drbelltoken.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 131
  • dr-bell-3.jpg
    dr-bell-3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 389

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATULATIONS Cool Find!

7A41F119-025A-45BE-9261-E9CF1853470E.jpeg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very cool. So I'm guessing you like this machine?:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool. So I'm guessing you like this machine?:icon_thumleft:

Yes, I like it a lot !!! This is not my first Treasure Pro. I had one prior to getting out of detecting for the last couple of years due to personal and medical reasons. I have always returned to Whites machines no matter what else I try so I think I will stop trying. The Treasure Pro is a great little machine with many advanced features that you just don't find on other detectors in this price range. It's not the deepest machine that I have owned but it is deep enough for me especially now that I have moved to the Hill Country because it is so rocky that the coins don't seem to be very deep (at least the ones that I have found so far) I would hate to think that I had to dig a really deep plug in this stuff anyway, probably would need a good pick axe.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Find! :headbang::hello2:

Drew32215

Mar 5, 2016
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6 w/ 9.5” concentric coil, and eclipse 6x10 dd coil. Whites bullseye 140mm pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that shale is tough to dig in West Texas. I have a buddy the lives North of Camp Wood.

KJP462

Jun 22, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport,
White's MX5,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find! Glad that you're happy with the new detector! White's makes good machines for sure! :headbang:

ArthurC

Mar 19, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t understand why whites doesnt make the new style detectors water proof like the mx sport?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread