Please Help my Narrow my List

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new and trying to narrow down my list to make a purchase for my wife and I.

Here is my requirements;

Under $1,000.00
We are in Missouri which is LOADED with rocks in our area.
We have no need for it to be waterproof.
I definitely need a light weight or 2 piece one as I have 2 torn Rotator Cuffs.
We would be looking for silver, gold, and relics.

These are the ones suggested to me, any help to narrow my list is appreciated.

Whites trx pinpointer
White’s MX7
White's Coinmasters
White's GMT

KJP462

Jun 22, 2016
PA
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport,
White's MX5,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From the list you provided, the MX7 would probably be your best bet. You can check white's website, but the MX7 and Coinmaster are both light machines. I'm not familiar with the GMT so I can't comment on that. I own the MX5 which the MX7 replaced and it is a very light machine. The MX7 is superior to the coinmaster performance-wise. I would again double check white's website to verify, but I'm almost certain the MXT is heavier than the MX7 and coinmaster. Hope this helps you out. -KP

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of good used machines out there. Me not liking used except maybe a coil suggest new. Here in Southern New Mexico whites are all but ghost here due to ground issues. But for weight concerns I would suggest Fishers F series. Try a comparison chart and you will see why I dont hunt with Whites. Whites makes great machines, just not my cup of tea. Unless you buy a new Nox or Deus, you wont find anything lighter than a Fisher F series detector. Some of these come with a new age pinpointer also.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want depth the MXT is as deep as any with the right coil it's every bit as deep as the V3i or the E-trac. HH

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your really into programmable detectors the V3i is awesome. With a little searching you can get one for about $750-$850. If you use EBay you can use there money back guarantee if it’s not as listed. I got mine with 4 coils, bags, 2 pinpointers, diggers manuals and wirelessly headset for $900. It will handle any soil when set up. However if you do not plan on learning it then I highly suggest you don’t get one. The Whites MX Sport is also an awesome detector but more user friendly. If you think you want the V go to Whites forum and read up on them. As far as a pin pointer the Garrett carrot is the easiest and deepest to use. Was not impressed with the TRX. GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
C

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone i decided on a Used Deus, Thanks again to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions