Can/Should I send my Eagle Spectrum in for some Whites love?

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Simple really.....

I've had the thing now for 20 some odd years. Never been a lick of trouble, only problem is I cracked the lower shaft. Still seems to work fine.

BUt I wonder sometimes if I should send it into Whites for a once over and a tune up.......if they do that sort of thing.

And if they do, how much might it cost me? I keep kicking around getting a new one, and if the cost was enough I may choose that route instead.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might replace the lower shaft but they can't fix it if its not broke, so if it's working fine I wouldn't spend money that won't make it work any better. HH

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeh, I fixed the shaft with an electrical tape cast, and it gone another 6 or 8 years, and I's sure it has plenty more.

I just didn't know if there were components that would degrade over time, or tuning that could be retuned.....that kinda thing.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The White Electronics people are great. They may go over it for free except for the freight. As for the shaft, you never know, they may cover it. I sent in a MXT out of warranty and they put a selector switch on for free. Go to the web site. See which repair center is in you district and call them. Good luck.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's still working good/right then I wouldn't want and doesn't need any tuning, the shaft shouldn't be an expensive part but if your fine with your repair then I say your good to go. HH

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can pick up a shaft on ebay pretty cheap i dont think it would be any more then twenty dollars

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread