Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2017
Gettysburg
Detector(s) used
Whites blue and gray pro
Minelab excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, purchased a set of Grey Ghost Deep Woods to use with my Blue and Gray Pro. It took some figuring to get the switches in what I believe are the correct position for the machine. Problem is, when I plug them all the way in, there is no sound. Tried them in a 5900 and blue box series 3, all the same. Old headphones I was using worked fine in the plugs. If I only half insert the cord, I do get the sound in the phones-both ears. The plugs on the GG and other set are "nearly" identical. Any ideas?

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As far as I know it's just a 5900 di pro with a paint scheme and a relic plate. The relic plate can be purchased for around $7 bucks which you can change yourself.
Strange the phones won`t work bummer it`s a fine machine .
Gary

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, purchased a set of Grey Ghost Deep Woods to use with my Blue and Gray Pro. It took some figuring to get the switches in what I believe are the correct position for the machine. Problem is, when I plug them all the way in, there is no sound. Tried them in a 5900 and blue box series 3, all the same. Old headphones I was using worked fine in the plugs. If I only half insert the cord, I do get the sound in the phones-both ears. The plugs on the GG and other set are "nearly" identical. Any ideas?

When this happens it's usually because the headphone plug is stereo and the detector jack is an older mono style. When you barely plug in, the plug tip makes contact with the jack and it works. Shove it in all the way and the plug tip goes slightly beyond the jack contact.

OP
OP
M

milmar

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2017
Gettysburg
Detector(s) used
Whites blue and gray pro
Minelab excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MVIMG_20190110_202059299.jpg
Thank you for the replies! The plug on the right works, the plug on the left does not. Might try looking at the receiver plug on the machine to see if the contacts are lining up. Plugged the GG into an XLT and they worked on it. Any other ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions