Black pearl detector

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been seriously considering buying an mssgr sport. Not having a dealer near me and not being an online buyer, only doing things by U.S. mail or shopping brick and mortar stores, I phoned Whites yesterday to inquire with a sales rep. We chatted a bit and he told me he would first send me new brochures with pricingss.

This morning while scrolling something (can't remember what) an ad popped up for a Whites black pearl detector? Went to Kellyco and found it. Is this brand new? Anyway if I recall what I read correctly it's billed for being especially good in high mineral areas and iron trash. Has a 11" double D coil and I'm writing this without going back to check my facts but I thought it said hit a dime at 17"!! What? All for under $500. Does anyone know anything about this? Waiting for my brochures to get here in next couple days to check this out. If all true may save a couple hundred bucks and not buy the sport.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been seriously considering buying an mssgr sport. Not having a dealer near me and not being an online buyer, only doing things by U.S. mail or shopping brick and mortar stores, I phoned Whites yesterday to inquire with a sales rep. We chatted a bit and he told me he would first send me new brochures with pricingss.

This morning while scrolling something (can't remember what) an ad popped up for a Whites black pearl detector? Went to Kellyco and found it. Is this brand new? Anyway if I recall what I read correctly it's billed for being especially good in high mineral areas and iron trash. Has a 11" double D coil and I'm writing this without going back to check my facts but I thought it said hit a dime at 17"!! What? All for under $500. Does anyone know anything about this? Waiting for my brochures to get here in next couple days to check this out. If all true may save a couple hundred bucks and not buy the sport.

This is not a White's machine. Pirate Detectors is the maker.

OP
OP
ecmo

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not a White's machine. Pirate Detectors is the maker.
Wonder wher I got that idea? Could have swor it was billed as Whites. Never heard of Pirate detector. Thanks, may have to Google.

OP
OP
ecmo

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ron for the link, it tells more than the Kelleyco ad. You know I've always been a Whites fanboy, have a racer 2 but I can't bond with it. It's a good detector just can't bond with it. This thing sounds real good for the money and wide range of operating frequencies. Ten double A batteries though, Whites have 8, would have to up my cash value finds, lol.

I may stall a bit more on ordering the sport, just wish this was a better known company.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Black Pearl is a detector by Pirates, made in Eastern Europe.

OP
OP
ecmo

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be curious to know what White's will send him if indeed he spoke to them.
I did speak to Whites yesterday but of course this machine never came up, I was scrolling early this morning and seen the ad and thought in my minds eye (mistakenly) that it was a Whites, my bad. Anyway that is why I came on here to see if anyone knew anything about it. Sounds pretty good for the money. Watched part of a video on it but I cut it short as I was having trouble understanding the guys speech. Anyway the tones sounded good, much better than the racer 2 whose tones I don't like.

Don

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did speak to Whites yesterday but of course this machine never came up, I was scrolling early this morning and seen the ad and thought in my minds eye (mistakenly) that it was a Whites, my bad. Anyway that is why I came on here to see if anyone knew anything about it. Sounds pretty good for the money. Watched part of a video on it but I cut it short as I was having trouble understanding the guys speech. Anyway the tones sounded good, much better than the racer 2 whose tones I don't like.

Don
If White's said they would send you something I wonder what they recommend for your purpose.

OP
OP
ecmo

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If White's said they would send you something I wonder what they recommend for your purpose.
I just re-read my opening statement and see I should have edited before posting. I called Whites yesterday because I'm seriously considering buying a mx sport and talked to a sales rep. I ask some other questions concerning search coils etc. He said he would mail me some brochures with price listings.

It was only early this morning I seen the ad and read some on the Black Pearl and seen many very good features for the price and I became intrigued but had never heard of Pirate metal detectors before. As I previously stated something mistakenly made me think I had seen Whites name in the ad, I was only up fifteen minutes at the time.

Anyway Bayoutalker Whites is not recomendind anything, just sending brochures before I actually order.
It is that just now I was hoping someone would know more about the pirate detector, my whole reason for posting.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knows only the Nox can go 2ft down and go through iron or steel and dig the coin for you.LOL

OP
OP
ecmo

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knows only the Nox can go 2ft down and go through iron or steel and dig the coin for you.LOL
Lol, I best not comment A2.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya My point is that there are so many machines for different types of hunting. I have the nox but like my AT alot better in the ground mineralization here for deep coins. Most machines are going to signal if you get your coil over the target if you limit your choice to one machine one tool your not a very expereanced treasure hunter. I hate the nox in iron plus most people cant even use it out of park 1 or 2 lol. The machine you mention might be best for you and what you hunt and doesnt take forever to learn and relearn. I tried to find some reviews on that machine you mentioned could not find any . I would go try it out and the price sounds good. Good luck to you and have fun!!!Tommy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread