Whites Classic SL

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
sxm7 said:
I have a Whites Classic ID SL with the Blue Max 800 coil. This coil is not hard wired to the control box, but has a five prong connector to the control box. What I would like to know, would getting another coil improve this machine and if yes what would be the best coil or is this machine about as good as it is going to get?

Coil options for that are the 5.3 Bullseye coil and the Blue Max 950, and the 4X6.
The 5.3 is used in trashy areas and will be better than the 8 inch or the 9 1/2 inch in these areas. the 950 is good for the beach or open areas with little trash. You also can get the Blue Max 4X6 coil for very trashy areas, and it can get very close to the metal poles in the playground areas and close to metal fence poles.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Your 8 inch coil is a great compromise. If you are going to buy another coil it would be the 5.3 (6inch) coil over the 950. The 8 inch coil is really great. It glides over the grass a lot easier than the 950 too. Your not loosing any noticeable depth with the 8 inch coil as you can run the sensitivity higher than the 950. You have a great detector there!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Have an IDX Pro with the 950 coil. I like this coil alot. I got a good deal on ebay for this and every other whites coil made for this detector (the guy was upgrading) that was mentioned. You can also get the Blue Max 1500 (15" coil) for cache hunting. Good Luck

OP
OP
S

sxm7

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2007
Thanks for the info on the coils from all you. I will look for a new coil for it now.

R

robert roy

I agree with the statement about the 5.3.
I bought that for my MXT and use it alot. Great for trashy areas.
If you get the 5.3, you might want to get an additional rod for the coil.
Makes it alot eaiser when changing coils!

Robert R

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
You may also want to consider the 350 Snooper coil for the Classic ID at trashy sites. It's a concentric coil that measures just under 4.75" according to my cheap ruler and is able to hunt close to poles and other obstacles and is noticeably deeper than the 4"x6" Shooter. Excellent coil on the Classics in my opinion and use it about 75% of the time on an IDX Pro. Just a thought. HH Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread