Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that this detector is a older and i mean older detector a.....Whites Surf Master II....On the coil it says..... WHITES AMPHIBIAN II LAND WATER DETECTOR....It looks like the ..Surf PI Pro..but is a ..VLF.. I just won it on Ebay....can any one tell me any thing about this detector or ever had one........................................................==Jim==

Attachments

• 684a_3.jpg
    684a_3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4,250
  • 7628_0.jpg
    7628_0.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 8,196
  • 7bcd_0.jpg
    7bcd_0.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 8,200

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's a nice little detector...very close to the CLASSIC II/III

ITS GREAT IN FRESH WATER....IT HAS DISC..AJUSTABLE...I HAVE USED ONE ON WET SALT WATER BEACHES HERE IN MASS/N.H WITH FAIR/GOOD RESULTS...A FRIEND OF MINE'S DAD HAS USED THIS DETECTOR FOR YEARS ON SALISBURY BEACH HERE IN NORTHERN MASS. HE LOVES IT!! ITS GOT HIM HUNDREDS OF SILVER COINS/JEWELERY/GOLD..IT'S A TOUGH WELL BUILT DETECTOR.. BASICLY A CLASSIC II/III MADE WATER PROOF....THE SURF MASTER II..IS A LATTER VERSION OF THIS DETECTOR THEY ARE ALL VLF DETECTORS...THEY LATTER USED THE SURF MASTER NAME ON THERE PI DETECTOR CALLING IT THE "SURF MASTER PI" . GOOD LUCK I ENJOYED MINE TILL I REPLACED IT WITH THE BEACH HUNTER ID

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: It's a nice little detector...very close to the CLASSIC II/III

BEACH-HUNTER said:
ITS GREAT IN FRESH WATER....IT HAS DISC..AJUSTABLE...I HAVE USED ONE ON WET SALT WATER BEACHES HERE IN MASS/N.H WITH FAIR/GOOD RESULTS...A FRIEND OF MINE'S DAD HAS USED THIS DETECTOR FOR YEARS ON SALISBURY BEACH HERE IN NORTHERN MASS. HE LOVES IT!! ITS GOT HIM HUNDREDS OF SILVER COINS/JEWELERY/GOLD..IT'S A TOUGH WELL BUILT DETECTOR.. BASICLY A CLASSIC II/III MADE WATER PROOF....THE SURF MASTER II..IS A LATTER VERSION OF THIS DETECTOR THEY ARE ALL VLF DETECTORS...THEY LATTER USED THE SURF MASTER NAME ON THERE PI DETECTOR CALLING IT THE "SURF MASTER PI" . GOOD LUCK I ENJOYED MINE TILL I REPLACED IT WITH THE BEACH HUNTER ID
...Beach-Hunter.....Thanks for the input and info. when i get it i might send it to Whites and have it checked out.................................................==Jim==

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an old but nice detector. It is surely a VLF and if I remember right it came out about the same time as the Fisher 1280. I had one, heck, I musta had everything made back then as I just loved to learn them. You are right on sending it in to Whites, but it is old technology, but still works well. I just perfer the iron mask of the Excal over any discrimination of a VLF. These Whites detectors aren't for diving much as they leak at only a little pressure. Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I mean the box type and not the old PI with the round controls.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
This is an old but nice detector. It is surely a VLF and if I remember right it came out about the same time as the Fisher 1280. I had one, heck, I musta had everything made back then as I just loved to learn them. You are right on sending it in to Whites, but it is old technology, but still works well. I just perfer the iron mask of the Excal over any discrimination of a VLF. These Whites detectors aren't for diving much as they leak at only a little pressure. Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I mean the box type and not the old PI with the round controls.
Sandman i saw it bid on it if i don't like it i will sell it.I would just use it for wading & beach.And more or less i just wanted it to try it out.Thanks for the come back Sandman........................................==Jim==

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
So it was you who beat me on the detector on ebay, if you sell let me know what you want for it.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
MoTwister said:
So it was you who beat me on the detector on ebay, if you sell let me know what you want for it.
...MoTwister......If i don't like it i will let you know....................==Jim==

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
LET ME KNOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TOO!!

I WOULD LIKE TO GET ANOTHER ONE..GOOD BACK UP...OR SPARE FOR A FRIEND TO USE!!! IF YOUR CAREFUL WITH YOUR CLOSING OF THE DOOR AND MAKE SURE GASKET IS LINED UP RIGHT THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS WITH LEAKS...HAVE WHITES GO THROUGH IT CHANGE GASKETS!! GOOD LUCK!!

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: LET ME KNOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TOO!!

BEACH-HUNTER said:
I WOULD LIKE TO GET ANOTHER ONE..GOOD BACK UP...OR SPARE FOR A FRIEND TO USE!!! IF YOUR CAREFUL WITH YOUR CLOSING OF THE DOOR AND MAKE SURE GASKET IS LINED UP RIGHT THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEMS WITH LEAKS...HAVE WHITES GO THROUGH IT CHANGE GASKETS!! GOOD LUCK!!
... :)............... ;D Yes..Beach-Hunter..I thought i might do that .Sometimes some one comes in from out of town doe's not have a detector let them use it at the water. I sure do not want them to drop one of my land detectors in the water............................................................==Jim==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread