metal detecting in AZ

lost pollack

Dec 26, 2007
This is my first posting so forgive any errors for my ignorance of protocol. I live in the Phoenix area and would like to purchase a metal detector. What is the best MD for my area that would target gold nuggets and meteorites? If that's even possible. I have a budget between $500-$1000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
lost pollack said:
This is my first posting so forgive any errors for my ignorance of protocol. I live in the Phoenix area and would like to purchase a metal detector. What is the best MD for my area that would target gold nuggets and meteorites? If that's even possible. I have a budget between $500-$1000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
..........If you are in the Phoenix area go to ......Promack treasure hunting at 940 W. Apache trail, Apache Junction, Az.....When i get out that way that is were i go i got a lot of good advice from them they are real nice and helpful and will not give you a bunch of bull...........................................==Jim==

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
I've heard the GMT is good for gold & meteors, I bought one, but still waiting to get & try out at the end of the month.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A GMT would be my choice for that area.

DashChemical

Greenie
Sep 23, 2007
arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get a Tesoro lobo supertraq. Great gold detector and a great price.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ankh said:
A posting from another forum,where his 4500 minelab in Australia could not function properly due to the soil content (trash).So he borrowed a GMT and pulled 30 oz of gold.I would say the GMT paid for it's self
Were did he find the gold in Australia or Az..... ????

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ankh said:
It was found in Australia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The point is,,,The capabilities of the Whites GMT gold detector :thumbsup:
If you joint the G.P.A.A. you can go to there Stanton AZ claim and prospect at a claim that is KNOWN for having Gold Nuggets. :wink:

Have you gone to the gold nugget section in this forum? They probably would suggest a GMT or Gold Bug 2 .

Promack will show you what is the best all round and ease of use detector for your budget.
When i went to Promack in Apache jct. they gave out a lot of good info. and they also liked the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. a good bunch there........

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the guys at Promack are outa sight ,I deal with the`Quartsite shop an their awsome an in AJ 2-3 times a week so if one shop dont have something the other may an if they do getting it to the other store is fast . :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread