Proud New Owner Of A Whites MXT

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I couldn't believe my luck today! I thought there where no MD dealers in my surrounding area. None are listed in the phone book. Go figure. ::)

I was doing a search on White dealerships this morning on the Net. low and behold, I found two! :) Talked to both on the phone. Liked one over the other. Turned out to be a "dream" dealer!! And also he has been MD"ing for 30 years. Showed Mr.Pepper, and I, some of his private stuff he had in a safe. :o :o :o :o He had a gold ring that was so big it wouldn't stay on his thumb! :o Whoever lost it must have been a HUGE man. He had tons of gold and silver stuff! He said he was fixing to sell his gold he thought.

We started talking detectors. I had a choice between a Whites MXT or a DFX. (Mr. Pepper, told me to get what I wanted) :-*. borninok is going to" boink" me on the head cause I chose the MXT over the DFX. :D The dealer didn't try to push the more expensive one on me. In fact his favorite is the MXT. He didn't try to push the MXT on me either. I tested them both with his assistance. I fell in love with the MXT!!

Next came the dealing. ;) I got $50 off the sale price of $779.99. The $50 off sale ends tomorrow! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! He also gave me a package. He gave me the second best pair of earphones (not the cheapest as was what came with package), a stainless steel digging tool, and sold Mr. Pepper one at cost! It also came with a Bulleye 11 pinpointer, free batteries for both MXT and Pinpointer, a book on Treasure hunting. I ask him if a carry bag came with it. He said only with the DFX. Then he said , "Why do you want one?" I said, "Yes sir." He gave me a free one!

Mr. Pepper, was really proud of himself after we walk out with such a deal even though I did all the talking. ;) ::) :D

I next ask Mr. Pepper would he take me to the bookstore. He was feeling so good about the deal "he" made on the MXT he was quite amiable about going to the bookstore. :)

I picked up two magazines, two coin book holders, the 2008 guide of USA coins. Mean while I had Mr. Pepper in the Civil War section told him to find us a book with maps. He decided he couldn't find one he liked so while walking behind him ,I just happen to pick up the book , "The Civil War For Idiots." 8) Checked out and total came to $64. Mr. Pepper looked like this :o :o :o :o .
I winked at him and mouthed.....good deal....he grins.....pays for the stuff and whispered to me he was taking Mrs. Pepper's a@@ home.
He said he had enough "good deals" for one day. 8)

Mr.Pepper tested the MXT when we got home. I had to run inside and cover my ears. :o He lovesssss that pinpoint switch. I don't think he let off of it for 30 minutes! When he came in he told me that there was lots to find in the yard.

Hopefully, I'll get to try it out tomorrow. I sure do love that Mr. Pepper. :)

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
WTG! Now why would I boink you? After all, you did pick a White's......can't beat that....just like I told you. You will do great with it. And...if you do get tired of it..........I sure could use a third detector...LOL
Happy Hunting!!!!
---Mel

borninok

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't go wrong a nice detector. I might buy another white myself. HH Don't worry about borninok the leader of the Rowdy bunch will keep him in line. :D :D
Burdie

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
borninok said:
WTG! Now why would I boink you? After all, you did pick a White's......can't beat that....just like I told you. You will do great with it. And...if you do get tired of it..........I sure could use a third detector...LOL
Happy Hunting!!!!
---Mel

Tell ya what, if I get tired of the MXT you, and I, can trade....my MXT for your DFX ;)

borninok

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Burdie said:
You can't go wrong a nice detector. I might buy another white myself. HH Don't worry about borninok the leader of the Rowdy bunch will keep him in line. :D :D
Burdie

Go for the White again, Burdie. I love it already. Who is the rowdy bunch leader?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Congrats on your MXT. I bought mine over 5 years ago when they were just out and there was no dealing going on. I would say those extras made it a very good deal. There is one more accessory you need though. Jeff Fosters book "The MXT Edge". The absolute best book about the MXT. You can find it at fielddepth.com. It will put you years ahead on the old learning curve as they say. Any questions let me know. Oh and the leader of the Rowdy Bunch is BURDIE, with strong support from Stoney and MentalGranny. All three put on a great hunt. although there has been a power struggle going on! I understand there is a big push on to have RiverRat, Noodle, Nana40 or one of the Lady members become the leader this year. Hey if someone comes up with a great hunt site like Burdie did last year, well, they are my hero. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HH

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Thank you, Tim. I was trying to remember the Authors name while in the bookstore and couldn't. I'll get that book.
Thanks also for telling me who the Rowdy Bunch is....lol.........the hunt sounds like it was fun.

R

robert roy

You did good!
The MXT is a wonderful machine.
I had a Whites IDX Pro a few years ago but sold it.
Picked up an Ace 250. Its a nice machine, but since I bought my
MXT (used) I use the MXT almost all the time.
I run it in relic mode mostly and bought a 5.3 coil for
the trashy areas.
WHat part of the country do you live?
Are you in a small town or more in the country?

Regards
Robert R ;D

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Roy, I live in the country. Very rural area. Do you like the 5.3 coil? Does it help that much in trashy area's? I almost bought one but the dealer said the stock coil was just as good. Do you agree?

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Michigan Badger said:
Congrats Mrs. Pepper!

I'm also a lover of the MXT.

It has awesome coil options and is mega deep.

Well done!

Badger

Thank you, Badger. I've only had one hunt with it so far due to the weather. I popped three dimes out the ground in less than ten minutes. Your right, it does have awesome coil options and boy is it deep! Took me by surprise after using that BH 505!
I love it!

Pepper

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
The stock coil is terrible in trashy ground like picnic areas and such. You end up with multiple targets under the coil at the same time and can't separate them or pinpoint them. You need the 5.3 or 4X6 for sure. I use the 4X6.

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the advice, Tim. I'm going to have to wait on getting the smaller coil. Mr. Pepper liked my pinpointer so much he kept it......he decided to buy me my "own" today! The dealer took $20 off the sales price. Really nice guy we are doing business with.

R

robert roy

It would be a good idea to get the 5.3 coil. It usually gets good depth. But if you start getting signals on your VDI that says "Hot Rocks," it means your in some mineralized ground. Usually just lifting the coil up until the "Hot Rock" goes away and backing off sensitivity will help, but if it continues to happen you'll probably want to get the 6inDD coil.

I don't have the the DD coil but I have still dug targets dispite the mineralization. Problem is I got lots of false signals too, meaning the machine said there was a target there but after digging a hole to China, there was nothing to be found.

Read the manual gaian and again. Watch the DVD and have your MXT there with you when viewing.
Learn to ground balance. Still, if the mineralization is just too high you'll need the DD coil.

I don't know what part of the country your living in. Some places are worse. The MXT is a good machine and can handel most anything thats thrown at you. :D

Regards

RObert R

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Congrats Pepper! Will be looking forward to some of your finds.!

T

trish76642

Hi pepper! I have the same exact Medal Detector, 'Mr. Trish" bought it for me for Christmas, i got the bullseye pinpointer too for free, that pinpointer is great isnt it?! But didnt get a digging tool! Have you figured out how to set the knobs on yours for the best hunt, as far as disciminating pull tabs? I have read, and re~read the instructions and i still cant get it set right! Have no idea what im doing, got any pointers let me know.....

R

robert roy

Once again, congradulations! Your going to love the MXT.
HUmmmmmmmm ??? :o

Robert R

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper big time congrats... YOUR so lucky to of been able to go check em out too..so since I havent read up on the MXT, can ya use that too on the beaches? wtg girl..

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Gosh Pepper,
That's quite an upgrade!

You're gonna scorch the earth... like Sherman's march to the sea!

Oops! (I'm probably in the wrong neighborhood...)

Sounds like the Mister is getting more involved... That's great!

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions