6000 di how old is it?

hank mcmauser

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2008
west treasure valley idaho
Detector(s) used
white's 6000 DI ser 3
Can anyone help me decode the ser. # and tell me the age of my machine the serial # is 351316. I'm guessing it's an '03 made the week of christmas if it's coded like the one posted earlier, is this true?
I finally took the machine out of doors and actually hunted with it found 6 pennies,and a plastic tiped brass dart. I had to chip through the dirt with the claws of my rip hammer the outside temps. approx 15 deg. F. I was hunting a temporarily vacant home owned by my in-lawsthey are fixing the place up between renters(pigs). I went there to help them get it ready for new sheetrock. If this place becomes vacant during the warmer months I definitely would like to hunt there again the house was most likely built in the 1930's.I would like to see if I can locate where the old clothesline was! As a side note the groundskeeper for the neighboring towns schools came in to the lumberyard I work in I asked him if it was ok to metal detect he said he's seen others there, and he thought it would be o.k. to come over and hunt around.
thank's
Hank

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The 6000 Di Series 3 were made by White's from 1983 to 1985 when the 6000 Di PRO was released. They are still good machines as I still use the one that I purchased in the mid 80's. You can contact White's with the serial number and they can tell you the exact manufacture date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread