Anybody running an Accelerator coil on thier Whites?

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Re: Anybody running an Accelerator coil on thier White's?

I use the 4.5"x7" and 5" EXcelerator coils on an M6 and very pleased with performance. never used the larger EXcelerators.HH Bill

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I use the 14" excelerator coil on my DFX and love it. I hardley use my stock coil anymore. I dug a silver dime at ten inches with it the first day i got it, at a worked out park next to a tree. bought it from Kellco.

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts

rodgerdodger said:
I use the 14" excelerator coil on my DFX and love it. I hardley use my stock coil anymore. I dug a silver dime at ten inches with it the first day i got it, at a worked out park next to a tree. bought it from Kellco.
Thank you Bill and RogerDodger. This is great news! Congrats on finding that silver dime, RD. I have yet to find a silver coin (or a gold one).

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

How does the weight of the 14" Excelerator compare to the 9.5" Stock coil?

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

I have the 2 EXcelerator coils. The 4.5x7 and the 10x14. They are both awesome. the 4.5x7 is super deep and gets around trash like nothing else. The 10x14 is great, but a little on the heavy side. You can rotate it 180 and it helps balance it a little better. I rarely take the 10x14 off, but sometimes I just need to give my arm and back a break.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use the 5" and the 8". The smaller one is one of my very favorites when hunting trashy places. However...The 6x10 Eclispe is my go to one.

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I agree with the 6X10 DD being a great "go to" coil. At first I didn't like it because of way it pinpoints. But, once I figured out how to pinpoint with it I love it and often use it in place of the stock coil (which I still hate the way it pinpoints).

Breville

Greenie
Jan 10, 2005

The 5" Accelerator coil on my MXt will not see small to medium gold chains and doesn't ID correctly. The 4.5x7 and the 10x14 are really great coils, they are great at cancelling out electrical interference. What surprised me is how well the 10x14 seperates close together targets and its depth is awsome. I was working sand in the high 80's and in that ground I noticed coins made a distinct small sound and large trash had a big sound, I made my own hip mount kit and can swing it all day and cover aot of ground with it.

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts

Breville said:
The 5" Accelerator coil on my MXt will not see small to medium gold chains and doesn't ID correctly. The 4.5x7 and the 10x14 are really great coils, they are great at cancelling out electrical interference. What surprised me is how well the 10x14 seperates close together targets and its depth is awsome. I was working sand in the high 80's and in that ground I noticed coins made a distinct small sound and large trash had a big sound, I made my own hip mount kit and can swing it all day and cover aot of ground with it.
Hi Breville. Great work, making your own hip mount kit! Could you let us know how to make one in the Modifications section, or send me a PM on how to do it? Thanks, HH

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I got the baby one for my DFX and I combine it with the 5.3 Exclipse so I have literally abandoned the large Exlipse DD and the stock coil. I got for the Excelerator a loop cover my combine stratergy with both coil is dead on targets. My best and recent production with the baby excelarator was 150 memorial penneys and 2 dimes in 20 minutes.For the beaches I use it for near the palm trees and for the rest my 5.3.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread