Got the Whites MXT and want a small light to attach for night hunting - ideas?

ExitEden

Jun 2, 2008
Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher F4
Anyone attach any kind of light for night hunting? Is there a better forum area for this question?

Looking for something more stealthy, not my headlamp ;-) All I need is just a flicker of light to see the VDI readings.

Thanks in advance! PS this detector rocks! Thanks to all that told me I would not be dissappointed! I've hunted many hours, and the batteries have not even thought about needing attention.

OP
OP
ExitEden

ExitEden

Jun 2, 2008
Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher F4
Well, the trade off of a good all arounder was the fact that the MXT does NOT have a backlight! Total BUMMER.

Sarge

Dec 21, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites XLT
I used to use a small Mini-Maglight, the one that takes 2-AA cells. They also make a 2- AAA cell flashlight that's pretty small.

My 1st thought when I read your heading was a headlight but you said that won't do.

If you want to save your night vision you can put a red cellophane over the lens. Less light but less noticeable.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a small light that will fit on your head or on your cap bill. Bright leds and they work for me. Usually able to find them cheap at flea markets.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keychain single led flashlite green or red, Paint the side facing you black (so the light only shine to the detector face) and attach to detector face with velcro..

OP
OP
ExitEden

ExitEden

Jun 2, 2008
Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher F4
Case closed as I just took a walk over to Fry's Electronics and picked up a Pelican VersaBright II and the L1 Lanyard light too.

It comes with two colored lenses, runs on AA (same as my MXT) and will clip on the arm band so I can point it at the screen, all stealth Ninja like. Then, when I'm digging, I can just mouth the small light as it has the colored lens too. Sometimes I can't get out until after dark, and I don't really want people (or cops) thinking I'm up to no good. Silent running so to speak ;-)

Thanks guys!

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I use a small one that has a foam padded clip and the arm bends any way you want it and stays put. Works perfect. I picked it up at Academy Sports store.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions