txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me know how it goes. I almost ordered it but after reading that it is basically the same as the id only that it has a 12" coil now I went with the id. I am just learning to water hunt myself and my brother has the excal, the one thing I have heard him say time and again is that he would of went with the smaller coil. I know its said you will dig deeper with the larger coil, but until I get seasoned in water hunting I think I am better off with the smaller coil so that I can learn to recover the targets. Let me know though if there are other differences with the two machines.

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tx, i think one of the big problems with the small coil is that it floats and is not neutral in the water. The new 12 is said to not do this. Also is getting better depth too. I use both the 8 and 10 on my type of machine "i can change coils" the 10 is great but in the surf or current your fighting it.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
FloridaBill said:
Or am I going to be the first???

Any feedback??

I have the BHID with the upgraded Super 12 coil on it (same detector).

It's like a new machine, nice depth like my CZ20, feels much lighter, great balance, hot on smaller targets, more stable in the water (might have to turn the sens down just a little), coil doesn't float (was never an issue for me), just a great all around beach/water setup!!! :thumbsup:

When others start using and learning this new combo, it "will" be at the top of most detector lists too!!! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it is greatly under rated and always has been . The new coil will still float to the top if you let it go, but it takes nothing to keep it on the bottom, where the old coil you had to hold down.

And yes it goes really deep..

I had heard that the only thing White's changed was the coil, but then from a dealer I heard that they did work on the electronics a little bit.

So I went right to the horses mouth White's and I am waiting on an answer in relation to that question so I know for sure. One way or the other really wont make a difference but now I am just curious....

Will keep you posted

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I have heard the coil floats but that there are ways to weight it down I should get mine in today and will have to give it a try. So is there a way to send it in later and have them upgrade it to the 12" coil?

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bill -Yes please do, I'm also interested in a BeachHunter MD for beach hunting.

Tx: Send White's a Email who couls answer that better then white's themselves?? ???

Cheers,
Eu

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes , You can always send it into whites and have the 12" coil put on. I think it's close to $300.00 to have it done. I know there is ways to add weight to it but I could never bring myself around to sticking a sand filled sock or ankle weight around the shaft. I like my stuff to at least look somewhat good.

Email has been sent to White's and I am waiting for a reply...

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks and I have to agree I want it to look good as well, but that is what us girls do best make things look pretty. I will come back once I figure out something and post pics of it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
For me i would only buy a water detector that i could change coil's on myself..................

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
You need to contact "Bob" at Centerville Electronics which is White's VA repair center!

If the price is still current, I paid $199.00 for the coil, $60.00 to have it installed + S&H.

The door to door turn around was fast and Bob is a real nice person to do business with.

The "BEST" upgrade I've done to a detector!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks!!! :D

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the coil any changes. A few were asking. Here is the reply I received from White's......

Thank you for e-mailing us at Whites Electronics

No other changes were made to the beach hunter. We had alot of people like the detector but didn't like how the loop worked in the water.

Sincerely

Todd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread