PRISM IV OPERATING FREQUENCY & DEPTH ANYBODY KNOW ?

TROOPER

Greenie
Jul 2, 2008
PRISM IV OPERATING FREQUENCY & DEPTH ANYBODY KNOW ?

I am considering buy one.Since I have two other detector,this is the deciding factor is it:

# Type I VLF: Type I instruments operate near the 5-6 KHz range. These detectors have an affinity for iron artifacts and exhibit exceptional sensitivity to metal items on the high end of the conductivity spectrum i.e. brass, copper and silver.

or is it

# Type II VLF: The Type II detectors generally have an operating frequency near 10-15 kHz. These instruments are intrinsically sensitive to metal targets of mid range conductivity such as aluminum, lead, nickel; gold and small irregularly shaped artifacts. The Type II is typically less sensitive to small iron artifacts making this a better choice for working in and around concentrations of ferrous debris.

thanks
Trooper

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: PRISM IV OPERATING FREQUENCY & DEPTH ANYBODY KNOW ?

TROOPER said:
I am considering buy one.Since I have two other detector,this is the deciding factor is it:

# Type I VLF: Type I instruments operate near the 5-6 KHz range. These detectors have an affinity for iron artifacts and exhibit exceptional sensitivity to metal items on the high end of the conductivity spectrum i.e. brass, copper and silver.

or is it

# Type II VLF: The Type II detectors generally have an operating frequency near 10-15 kHz. These instruments are intrinsically sensitive to metal targets of mid range conductivity such as aluminum, lead, nickel; gold and small irregularly shaped artifacts. The Type II is typically less sensitive to small iron artifacts making this a better choice for working in and around concentrations of ferrous debris.

thanks
Trooper
??? ??? ???....I don't think any one knows for Whites does not have the operating frequency for the Prizm Series detectors in thier owners manual...And they do not have it in the little catalog they send out but they have the frequency for all the other detectors in it. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Re: PRISM IV OPERATING FREQUENCY & DEPTH ANYBODY KNOW ?

8.3 kHz and about 8.3 inches in moderate soil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread