Awful Quiet..

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been working on some new modifications for my sluice box, to trap the flower gold we have here in all the glacial till.
I have a plan to do away with my Hungarian riffles and use some rubber ribbed mat then some miners moss in the last 1/4 section.
Doing away with the riffles and classifying the material down to 20 mesh I can operate at a slower water flow allowing the finies to drop out.
I have this vision of building an aluminum sliding classifier box that will fit at the head of the sluice and I can shovel the material in give it a shake and then dump the pea gravel out. Some threaded hand knobs for easy disassembly and clean up.
A quickie idea was to fab some 1/8 " mesh stainless screen with side supports, for the head of the box. May make one for show and tell.
The more I put into it the better the performance will be. I will be posting my design and build with all the options on the Dredging/Panning/Sluicing; Board. I have classified samples from all around saved up from this summer, for testing.

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, it's deer season & alot of people are hunting, including me lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions