Gold and Treasure Show

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007
There is going to be a Gold and Treasure Show in Sheboygan Falls, WI on March 28 & 29. It is put on by the Greenbush Prospectors (a GPAA club) but it is not a GPAA show. There will be vendors, displays, gold and gem panning, and a brat fry. Most importantly (to me anyhow) is the 3rd annual Wisconsin State Gold Panning championship will be taking place. At least two (and possibly more if spaces are open) from the open division will be qualifying for the pro division. The open division is for anyone not yet qualified as a pro in WI and they can use any pan they wish. The Pro division uses Estwing steel pans and is a head to head competition. I will post more info such as sign up and vendor info as it becomes available.

OP
OP
E

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007
It looks like we have a full slate of vendors and some pretty awesome guest speakers for Saturday. We had a little change in plans for the open division panning. The same Estwing pans that the pros use will be used for the open division.
If anyone feels up to it, I will pan against them for fun or my usual wager (you pay $5, if you win I give you a Proline pan but I keep the $5, if you lose I keep the $5).
I have had people from all over the Midwest requesting info, so it should be a pretty good show.

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI, Minelab excalibur
Sounds like a good show I cannot wait - How about you make it interesting we pan against you and if you lose you give us 5 dollars and a pro line pan and if we lose we give you nothing. Now just think of all the practice you would get. If not you maybe some of them other big panners would like to step up.
See you soon,

OP
OP
E

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007
Steve,
Isn't saving $9.00 on a Proline pan good enough for you? As far as practice goes, I can't stand panning in the first place, I'm sure not going to practice!
How about you put up one of your spiral wheels and I'll put up one of mine, winner takes all ;D

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
I dont think you would lose very many of your pans. As for against me it would be a cake walk. or maybe I should say if you give me a 12 hr head start you would beat me really easy.
Just trying to get more people involved. Someday I would just like to try it for the heck of it.

Steve0

Feb 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
See if I can spell it right the Municipal Building

OP
OP
E

EggyOG

Jan 18, 2007
shutr,
The Municipal Building is in downtown Sheboygan Falls. If you have never been there, Sheb. Fls is pretty small, so the Municipal Building is easy to find.

SteveO,
Would it be more fair if I used a steel pan and the other person could use whatever pan they want?

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put it on my calender and will try to make it up there.
Do you have any hyperlinks that give info on your Gold and Treasure show.
My wife loves to go to shows with me. Our weekend out together thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread