Wisconsinites lets meet
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
    97
    1 times

    Wisconsinites lets meet

    Happy New Year all,
    Ok, so we are sick of snow already, at least I am! I just had shoulder surgery and can't ski/snowmobile/fish ect. ect. for the next 6 weeks. Anybody up for a first annual get to together. Lets do it! I'm in Langlade co.and I think Wausau would be a great central location for all us hard core detectorist to get together. We could go to someplace like Weston Lanes, have a few drinks,a nice meal, bring some of our best finds and dream of some warm weather. Please respond and we can get something set up.
    Panelman

  2. #2
    seger98

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Well Marty, as you know I'm down here in Alabama otherwise I'd love to get together with you & whoever else wanted too.


    Chris

  3. #3

    Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
    97
    1 times

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Quote Originally Posted by seger98
    Well Marty, as you know I'm down here in Alabama otherwise I'd love to get together with you & whoever else wanted too.


    Chris
    Chris,
    A balmy -15 at 7am, me thinks Alabama would be a better spot to meet but, Kids/dogs/bills/work, its funny how so many things try to get in the way of MDing
    Marty

  4. #4

    Oct 2006
    Madison, Wisconsin
    381
    7 times

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Interesting Idea!
    I think after the thaw of 09 we should all gtg..
    Maybe in a large field somewhere and trade ideas, tips etc..
    §§ J.J. §§

  5. #5
    us
    No treasure is too big or too small, I'll find them all!

    Apr 2008
    Solon Springs Wisconsin
    Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
    689
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Hi to all, I just moved to Wisconsin from Michigan and am up around the Superior area, would love to meet some other detectorist and see what I have to look forward to in the way of finds. I'll keep watching this forum to see if any further plans are being made as I would love to take part in a meeting to discuss detecting.

    HH
    Slipperyjack47

  6. #6
    us
    Jun 2005
    Chippewa Falls
    Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
    588
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Hi gang. I'm in Chippewa Falls and the President of the Three Seasons Treasure Hunters Club. Feel free to contact me.

  7. #7
    us
    Feb 2009
    Long Beach CA.
    $49.99 Radio Shack
    223

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    I got 90 acres of my own here near Janesville! Good farm land with a no till policy. land here was settled early due to its qualityClick image for larger version. 

Name:	my place.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	271954 its the "L" shaped lighter color on the photo
    This is gold, Mr. Bond. All my life I've admired its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock... which is considerable.
    Auric Goldfinger

  8. #8

    Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
    97
    1 times

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownutin
    I got 90 acres of my own here near Janesville! Good farm land with a no till policy. land here was settled early due to its quality
    its the "L" shaped lighter color on the photo
    Hi D-N-N
    Have you checked on any old maps for old home sights on the property?

  9. #9
    us
    Feb 2009
    Long Beach CA.
    $49.99 Radio Shack
    223

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    No I cant find any All I know is its mine and I can dig deep if I want to! I even have a CAT if I need it
    This is gold, Mr. Bond. All my life I've admired its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock... which is considerable.
    Auric Goldfinger

  10. #10
    us
    Nov 2006
    Beautiful Burnett county, WI
    Ace 150
    339
    65 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyjack47
    Hi to all, I just moved to Wisconsin from Michigan and am up around the Superior area, would love to meet some other detectorist and see what I have to look forward to in the way of finds. I'll keep watching this forum to see if any further plans are being made as I would love to take part in a meeting to discuss detecting.

    HH
    Slipperyjack47
    lol...I read the first few words of your post and thought your post was my post, for just a nano second.
    I just moved from MI to WI and am up in the Danbury area (MN, WI boarder). You're about an hour N of me

  11. #11

    Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
    97
    1 times

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Quote Originally Posted by panelman
    Happy New Year all,
    Ok, so we are sick of snow already, at least I am! I just had shoulder surgery and can't ski/snowmobile/fish ect. ect. for the next 6 weeks. Anybody up for a first annual get to together. Lets do it! I'm in Langlade co.and I think Wausau would be a great central location for all us hard core detectorist to get together. We could go to someplace like Weston Lanes, have a few drinks,a nice meal, bring some of our best finds and dream of some warm weather. Please respond and we can get something set up.
    Panelman
    Hi Everyone,
    Its been a busy spring at work/ my mother passed away(a blessing, she has been very sick for a long time and was ready) and the thought of getting together didn't work. Thanks to all replies. Lets keep this in mind for next Feb.
    I did get together with Seger98 and coinshooterCraig at Papa Ducks on hwy 55 in Langlade Co. The two of them I have since gotten to know and are a couple of good guys. Seager98 keeps kicking my a*! at finding the good stuff but I guess I'll learn to except my state, for now anyway. I'll get him one of these days!
    I have some good pics to share and will do soon. Hope everyone is finding the good stuff, happy hunting.
    Panelman


  12. #12
    Charter Member

    May 2007
    853
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Gettintoknowsomethin
    I got 90 acres of my own here near Janesville! Good farm land with a no till policy. land here was settled early due to its quality
    its the "L" shaped lighter color on the photo
    I got a nice farm over there as well, and i know where the house was as there is currently a big whole.......has been there for over 120 years and was burned down last year by arson.
    CRH Totals
    90%: 24
    40%: 138
    War Nickels: 3
    Silver Dimes: 15

  13. #13
    seger98

    Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

    Hey Marty, well what can I say....... Some use garretts & the experts use minelabs! But you did have an awesome find yesterday!

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0