Wisconsinites lets meet
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
    1 times

Wisconsinites lets meet

Happy New Year all,
    Ok, so we are sick of snow already, at least I am! I just had shoulder surgery and can't ski/snowmobile/fish ect. ect. for the next 6 weeks. Anybody up for a first annual get to together. Lets do it! I'm in Langlade co.and I think Wausau would be a great central location for all us hard core detectorist to get together. We could go to someplace like Weston Lanes, have a few drinks,a nice meal, bring some of our best finds and dream of some warm weather. Please respond and we can get something set up.
    Panelman

seger98

Re: Wisconsinites lets meet

Well Marty, as you know I'm down here in Alabama otherwise I'd love to get together with you & whoever else wanted too.

Chris

Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by seger98
    Well Marty, as you know I'm down here in Alabama otherwise I'd love to get together with you & whoever else wanted too.

Chris
    Chris,
    A balmy -15 at 7am, me thinks Alabama would be a better spot to meet but, Kids/dogs/bills/work, its funny how so many things try to get in the way of MDing
    Marty

Oct 2006
    Madison, Wisconsin
    7 times

Interesting Idea!
    I think after the thaw of 09 we should all gtg..
    Maybe in a large field somewhere and trade ideas, tips etc..
    §§ J.J. §§

us
    No treasure is too big or too small, I'll find them all!

Apr 2008
    Solon Springs Wisconsin
    Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Hi to all, I just moved to Wisconsin from Michigan and am up around the Superior area, would love to meet some other detectorist and see what I have to look forward to in the way of finds. I'll keep watching this forum to see if any further plans are being made as I would love to take part in a meeting to discuss detecting.

HH
    Slipperyjack47

us
    Jun 2005
    Chippewa Falls
    Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hi gang. I'm in Chippewa Falls and the President of the Three Seasons Treasure Hunters Club. Feel free to contact me.

us
    Feb 2009
    Long Beach CA.
    $49.99 Radio Shack

I got 90 acres of my own here near Janesville! Good farm land with a no till policy. land here was settled early due to its qualityClick image for larger version. 

Name:	my place.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	271954 its the "L" shaped lighter color on the photo
    This is gold, Mr. Bond. All my life I've admired its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock... which is considerable.
    Auric Goldfinger

Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by dontknownutin
    I got 90 acres of my own here near Janesville! Good farm land with a no till policy. land here was settled early due to its quality
    its the "L" shaped lighter color on the photo
    Hi D-N-N
    Have you checked on any old maps for old home sights on the property?

us
    Feb 2009
    Long Beach CA.
    $49.99 Radio Shack

No I cant find any All I know is its mine and I can dig deep if I want to! I even have a CAT if I need it
    This is gold, Mr. Bond. All my life I've admired its color, its brilliance, its divine heaviness. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock... which is considerable.
    Auric Goldfinger

us
    Nov 2006
    Beautiful Burnett county, WI
    Ace 150
    65 times

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyjack47
    Hi to all, I just moved to Wisconsin from Michigan and am up around the Superior area, would love to meet some other detectorist and see what I have to look forward to in the way of finds. I'll keep watching this forum to see if any further plans are being made as I would love to take part in a meeting to discuss detecting.

HH
    Slipperyjack47
    lol...I read the first few words of your post and thought your post was my post, for just a nano second.
    I just moved from MI to WI and am up in the Danbury area (MN, WI boarder). You're about an hour N of me

Mar 2008
    Northern WI.
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by panelman
    Happy New Year all,
    Ok, so we are sick of snow already, at least I am! I just had shoulder surgery and can't ski/snowmobile/fish ect. ect. for the next 6 weeks. Anybody up for a first annual get to together. Lets do it! I'm in Langlade co.and I think Wausau would be a great central location for all us hard core detectorist to get together. We could go to someplace like Weston Lanes, have a few drinks,a nice meal, bring some of our best finds and dream of some warm weather. Please respond and we can get something set up.
    Panelman
    Hi Everyone,
    Its been a busy spring at work/ my mother passed away(a blessing, she has been very sick for a long time and was ready) and the thought of getting together didn't work. Thanks to all replies. Lets keep this in mind for next Feb.
    I did get together with Seger98 and coinshooterCraig at Papa Ducks on hwy 55 in Langlade Co. The two of them I have since gotten to know and are a couple of good guys. Seager98 keeps kicking my a*! at finding the good stuff but I guess I'll learn to except my state, for now anyway. I'll get him one of these days!
    I have some good pics to share and will do soon. Hope everyone is finding the good stuff, happy hunting.
    Panelman

Charter Member

May 2007
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gettintoknowsomethin
    I got 90 acres of my own here near Janesville! Good farm land with a no till policy. land here was settled early due to its quality
    its the "L" shaped lighter color on the photo
    I got a nice farm over there as well, and i know where the house was as there is currently a big whole.......has been there for over 120 years and was burned down last year by arson.
    CRH Totals
    90%: 24
    40%: 138
    War Nickels: 3
    Silver Dimes: 15

seger98

Hey Marty, well what can I say....... Some use garretts & the experts use minelabs! But you did have an awesome find yesterday!

Sponsored Links